Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Cocaine

Old 03-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Cocaine

Anyone actually have any luck using Deer Cocain?? I was told this is the time of year to use it however I have never seen any evidence that it works. What do yall think?? What is a good mineral to use this time of year?? I have 2 new hunting spots at my club and would like to get the deer coming to my area. Any recommendations??

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Cocaine

I have used it in two different spots, once in the northern lower pennisula and another spot in the farmland thumb area. It worked very well in both areas. When I used it up north I wasn't able to hunt opening of gun season there, but guys that hunted right around that area shot 3 bucks. In both spots the deer had actually dug down into the ground. In the thumb area we have used it in the same spot for a couple years and the same thing. The hole they have there is probably 4' long 2' wide and about 4" deep. We normally treat the area in May or early June, last year we just dumped salt for soft water tanks there and dissolved some of it with water and let the rain do the rest and it seemed to work just as well.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have had some experience with it, Doesn't work as well as my buck grub.. check my thread..
Old 03-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I just read your thread. Sounds like good stuff. What is it made of??

Old 03-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like using whiskey soaked c0rn. Really smashes the deer.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 AM

I'VE USED IT AND HAD PRETTY GOOD RESULTS, USUALLY MIX IT WITH SOME MINERALS,AND KEEP IT REFRESHED TWO OR THREE TIMES A YEAR, I HAVE ONE SPOT IN CLAY SOIL, AND THERES A HUGE HOLE DUG OUT, THE DEER REALLY HIT IT HARD ONLY ABOUT TWO OR THREE TIMES A YEAR, FOR MY AREA MAY AND JUNE ITS HIT HARD, WITH THE NEW ANTLERS JUST STARTING TO GROW,GIVE IT A TRY AND KEEP IT FRESH, SANDY SOIL DOESN'T HOLD THE MINERALS WELL, GOOD LUCK
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

I am not completely sure what the Buck Grub ingrediants are. I know it is high in protein and fat and phosphrus and has some other vitamins in it. Check Buck Grubs website.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:52 PM

I had really goo dluck with the deer cain, but only if I got the one with mollasses. They tore the ground up, and left a good sized hole. I put it out in may, then july, and again in September. Worked very well for me. But, we can no longer use it in Illinois.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

LOng how come you can't use it anymore? Yeah I have some pretty good sized holes also, You know the weird thing is there are alot of moles coming up to eatthe buck grub also.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:23 PM

I have used it in Wisconsin. Worked very well there.

Quick Reply: Deer Cocaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.