Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL >

DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

Old 02-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

One of each! Typical first.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:04 PM

Right now I wouldnt mined even a spike,,,
Old 02-25-2006, 08:10 PM

I like really tall typicals but I would take one of those weirdo non typicals anyday. lol
Old 02-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine would be one that could fit the hanson's rack inbetween it's browtinesand it would have to do this to everyone, encluding the peta chit heads
Old 02-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Non-Typical!!!! The more mass, kickers, stickers, junk, trash, drop times, etc...or whatever you call it....let better I like it!!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:45 PM

Don't get me wrong I love HUGE whitetails of both varities but the only truly huge non-typ that I really like is the classic "Hole in the horn". My brother had a replica of him in his store along with several others replicas and I always thought that was one impressive animal. But most other mounts I've seen that narled up didn't impress me as much as a 200"+ typical.He also had a full body replica of "The Kansas King" (bedded) and SON thats what a whitetail is supposed to look like.

Without a doubt I consider the "Breen Buck" to be the most impressive whitetail of all time. I have an eye surgeon buddy in Memphis who has replicas of several of the top bucks in his trophy room and two of them are the Breen head as well as the Jordan head. They are 10ptrs instead of 12+s that dominate the books. He also has a replica of the Hanson buck and combined with the Kansas King (sheds found in KS a few years ago that would've beat Hansons) despite their higher scores, they just don't look as "OH MY GOD" big as the Breen and Jordan 10ptrs. Jordan is one hell of an animal, but his mass is what pushed him over the top and he just doesn't look as smooth too the eyes when hung side by side with the Breen head. Simple length (sheesh the beams are over 30" each) and frame size is what is so impressive about both the Breen and Jordan heads. You can sit the Hanson rack inside the Breen head like a cradle!!!

I would like to see a computer rendition of a 250" 10pt and 12pt typical. And also a 200" 8ptr!!! I have seen a 180" 8ptr (of which there are what less than half a dozen in the books?) in the wild (was about 10 years ago while bowhunting on family land in MO,and his size was verified the next week bya biologist we had working on the place then who also sawit)and it truly was the most awe inspiring animal I have EVERseen in my 20 years of hunting which includes my 368" 6x6 "Gila monster" from NM.

Nice symetry and LENGTH!!!
RA
Old 02-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perfect 12pt typical rack with nice long eye pokers. WEW! Sorry get
exited just thinkin about it.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of nontypical stickers ,mass, drop tines ,a plus is a triple main beam and all in velvet
Old 02-26-2006, 05:01 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Don't get me wrong I love HUGE whitetails of both varities but the only truly huge non-typ that I really like is the classic "Hole in the horn". My brother had a replica of him in his store along with several others replicas and I always thought that was one impressive animal. But most other mounts I've seen that narled up didn't impress me as much as a 200"+ typical.He also had a full body replica of "The Kansas King" (bedded) and SON thats what a whitetail is supposed to look like.

Without a doubt I consider the "Breen Buck" to be the most impressive whitetail of all time. I have an eye surgeon buddy in Memphis who has replicas of several of the top bucks in his trophy room and two of them are the Breen head as well as the Jordan head. They are 10ptrs instead of 12+s that dominate the books. He also has a replica of the Hanson buck and combined with the Kansas King (sheds found in KS a few years ago that would've beat Hansons) despite their higher scores, they just don't look as "OH MY GOD" big as the Breen and Jordan 10ptrs. Jordan is one hell of an animal, but his mass is what pushed him over the top and he just doesn't look as smooth too the eyes when hung side by side with the Breen head. Simple length (sheesh the beams are over 30" each) and frame size is what is so impressive about both the Breen and Jordan heads. You can sit the Hanson rack inside the Breen head like a cradle!!!

I would like to see a computer rendition of a 250" 10pt and 12pt typical. And also a 200" 8ptr!!! I have seen a 180" 8ptr (of which there are what less than half a dozen in the books?) in the wild (was about 10 years ago while bowhunting on family land in MO,and his size was verified the next week bya biologist we had working on the place then who also sawit)and it truly was the most awe inspiring animal I have EVERseen in my 20 years of hunting which includes my 368" 6x6 "Gila monster" from NM.

Nice symetry and LENGTH!!!
RA
Here's a pic of the Breen buck and the Jordan buck just after being purchased.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like nice big symmetrical racks. Wide and tall tines. I want even kickers too, whether they are off of the G2's or split brows or drops, I want them on each side.

Quick Reply: DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.