Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good? >

Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good?

Old 10-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good?

I usually use Tinks 69 'doe in heat' during the rut but last night I felt a little daring. I picked up a new product, 'Code Blue Doe Estrus' and I'm going to use it here in the next few weeks. I noticed that it has a very different smell than the Tinks 69 does. So has anyone used the 'Code Blue Doe Estrus' scent before? If so, have you had any success? Thanks a bunch.

****I'd rather be a fence post in Texas than a corn boy in Ohio****
Old 10-16-2002, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Code Blue Doe Estrus........any good?

Code Blue is the only scent that I use when I go hunting. It is a little more expensive than the others, but not too much. I do not use any scent until the last week of October, here in N.W. corner of Missouri. Here is a little tip to keep you from using too much of the stuff and saves you a little money from buying it all of the time. Take a thick, wide rubber band, like those around a Sunday paper, with you in the field. Find a small sappling tree about 2 inches in diameter, near your stand.Put the rubber band around the bottle once, and hold the back of the bottle against the tree. Twist the remaining rubber band slack a couple of times, and pull it on around the tree and loop it around the bottle so that it is "hooked". Then remove the cap after you are assured(sp?) that the bottle will not spill one way or the other. It will release scent all day without wasting or spilling a drop. A "T" fence post works the best for this set-up if you have them nearby. Use 2 or 3 different bottles at different times and then use all of them at the same time, thus giving the impression of the same deer returning to the spot on a consistant basis. It works great for me, and I have had several bucks drop by to check out the "new" girl(s) in town. Good Luck!
Old 10-16-2002, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have watched a couple of films showing the collection process of doe urine and it looks to me like you would be lucky to catch a bottle that contained urine from a doe that was in estrus. They ran a pile of does into small cubicles with a little feed, the floor had a collection tray and the urine ran into a bucket. Then it was bottled up. Unless there is a specific type of hormone level test done on each collection each day (rather expensive) there is no way to know if a doe is in season. Otherwise you are just pouring up plain doe urine.

Old 10-16-2002, 06:02 PM

hey man let me know how you make out. says its from only one deer and is handnumbered. be interested in your feedback.

"Size may not matter but it sho IS nice!" [/quote]
Old 10-17-2002, 09:35 AM

I have also seen studies that say that if you buy "doe estrous urine", you are just buying plain doe urine. Due to the fact that the estrogen molecules evaporate within minutes of being exposed to air. I will have to do some research to find who done these studies, but, I know I read about them from a well respected research organization. I will start my search and let you know what I find.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Richie, sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the advice and I will deffinately give that a try.

Now as far as these products just being doe urine, that makes sense but I will add that I have had success drawing in bucks while using Tinks 69. I was using that roll on Tinks 69 stick a week before deer season out on the woodline behind my house 2 years ago. On Saturday evening I walked out to the woodline and rubbed this stuff up and down on an oak sapling. The next morning I got me a hot cup of coffee and went and sat on my back porch right before daylight. Right when the light of gray came about I saw two does come out of the woods followed by a shooter 8 pt. I snuck back into the house and got the video camera. He chased the doe around for a few and about 20 minutes later he walks right up to that oak sapling, sniffs it once and then starts tearing it up with his headgear and I got it all on video. I mean he tore up this oak sapling. Was it just by coincidence or was it because of the Tinks 69? I do believe it was the Tinks 69 simply because he gave it a wiff before he beat the oak sapling to death.
If y'all find anything let me know. I'd love to know the truth behind all of this.

****I'd rather be a fence post in Texas than a corn boy in Ohio****
Old 10-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you collect urine every day and a doe cycles 3 days out of 21(?) you would have about a one out of seven chance of getting estrus urine unless they do a hormone test on it every day. That may be why some people swear by it, and some don't. That would be a good question for the sales reps if anybody ever runs up on one.

Old 10-17-2002, 01:13 PM

I have never been sold on any of the deer attractant's they miss represent thier product they it's fresh it may be at the time it's collected but urine start's to break down imediatelly and then you have the shelf life gaurenteed fresh but 2 month's ago it was collected ? I my self will stick to good scouting and homework
it's been the best thing so far