Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ? >

Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Old 12-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

I was wondering if anyone has ever killed a deer with one shot? I had a chanse but I wasn't thinking about it at the time because one was a little small. But we desided to blast them anyway.

Shoot one in the chest and it blew the heart and everything right out and the doe still ran 150 to 200 feet with the heart dangling haha. I don't know how the doe ran after that shot.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

lol...im guessing if you have a powerful enough rifle and the deer are in a correct position, sure it could happen. I would be a little worried about the penetration on the second deer just because the bullet was pry mangled and deflected in the first deer.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:45 PM

Never a good idea to take the second deer until you know the first one is down and preferably found. Good way to lose both of them.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard of a few one shot, double kills, but the ones I've heard of were suposedly by accident! (not seeing the deer behind the intended target)
It's not a shot that anyone should intentionally try. Unless they are both perfectly aligned, you have too much chance of wounding the second one, and even with perfect alignment, there still a good chance of bullet deflection!
I probably could have killed three does with one shot this year, but I waited for the others to clear out of the way! In my book this is the ONLY ethical thing to do!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its happened to me twice. Neither time was intentional. One one the bullet went thruogh the head of one and deflected about thirty yards up the slope and hit another through the chest. The other time there were two lined up perfectly. At the shot they both went down. I had no idea the second deer was even there. Both times I was lucky enough to have several tags left. Once was with a 308 and the other a 6.5x55.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Rut-I did it one time,strictly by accident.I did not even know I hit the 2nd one until another hunter came up and told me.Downhill shot,double lung on the first,liver hit on the 2nd.40yd shot,but not with a powerful rifle.Ithaca deerslayer 12ga.

Charlie
Old 12-11-2005, 08:03 PM

my brother killed a nice 9 point .......... didnt see the doe beind t until he went to field dress the buck......

he was using a .30 .30 with the noslar artitions....... somehow it got the doe in the neck upon exiting the buck
Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed 2 does last season with my muzzleloader with one 250 gr Barnes Expander at about 65 yards. It was not a planned shot, but I saw an opportunity and capitalized on it. Both deer dropped in their tracks, and the bullet completely passed through both animals.The situation would have to be perfect for me to try it again.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering if anyone has ever killed a deer with one shot? I had a chanse but I wasn't thinking about it at the time because one was a little small. But we desided to blast them anyway.

Shoot one in the chest and it blew the heart and everything right out and the doe still ran 150 to 200 feet with the heart dangling haha. I don't know how the doe ran after that shot.
Do you not know how far the second one ran because you never found it? This post is pretty idiotic and should be removed. Completely unethical.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 AM

I have!! I was on ther ground behind a tree while two doe made there way right to me. After trying to decide which one was bigger, I drawed my ML, they both walked right beside me and I waited for one to cross behind the other. They both split and laid down, both in sight!

Edit= This was last year!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.