Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Where can I get a landowner liability waiver form? >

Where can I get a landowner liability waiver form?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where can I get a landowner liability waiver form?

Old 12-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where can I get a landowner liability waiver form?

I can't help but think if someone gets hurt or even killed hunting on my property that I can lose what I saved my entire life to have. Can anyone help me with some standard liability waiver form that should protect me if I get sued by someone or their spouse because they were hurt or killed when hunting my property?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:04 AM

Default RE: Where can I get a landowner liability waiver form?

I have looked for the same thing. I ended up going to a local attorney in town, and had him draw one up. Yes I had to pay, but a lot less than if someone sued me. I did not care for the ones I found on the net. If you google "landowner liabilty waiver" you will get several returns to different ones. My recomendation to you, is pay the $150 and have it done properly. Good luck
Old 12-01-2005, 10:40 AM

In Va. landowners are protected! Va. code 29.1-509, as long as you don't charge a fee. If theydon't fall into an open well, a barn falls on them, or gross negligence stuff the landowner is not liable!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 AM

I don't know what the laws are in your state, but I totally agree with the guy who suggested that you actually pay an attorney to do it for you. In my experience, there is no such thing as a decent "form" for any legal agreement. The forms you find in office supply stores are so generic that they aren't necessarily the best for your particular situation. You don't know if they take intoconsideration the laws of your state, whether they are written to be in the best interests of you or the other party, or if they are as strong as possible. You don't even know if it is needed or if it is signed, if it will be binding - or in what circumstances it will be binding. If you are truely concerned about liability, spend $150 and have an attorney, who is totally familiar with liability and property ownership in YOUR STATE, do it for you.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey longrifle, how's about faxing it to me? I have attorneys here at work and might be able to work off your waiver for the language in mine. Let me know if you are willing to do this and I will give you my fax number.

I'm gettingsocked with over$1,000 on ball joints and brake work on my truck and would rather work off yours and see what my attorneys say first.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:06 PM

here in al. on one of my leases the land owner had me to take out some hunting ins. i did it with buckmasters. for 100 acres it wasn't that much,and the landowner also had on the written out lease i asume all responsibility for myself and any visitors.this may not work in your state.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

in WI landowners are completely protected from liability unless they act maliciously or make more than $2000. a waiver form is meaningless. its statue 895.52 and can be found here: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/stats.html
Old 12-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with the others in favor of hiring a lawyer. Laws differ from state to state, and only an attorney in your state can advise you on which asset protection strategy is right for you. Depending on your operation, your state may have statutes that protect you, or you may be on your own because you do not fall under the statute.

Remember, there isn't anything that can keep you from being sued. However, the right strategy can deter suits and make adverse judgments difficult to obtain. Also, be sure to ask about exceptions in the law for minors, because the rules for them may differ and it may be difficult or impossible toinsulate yourself from them.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

All of the hunters insurance (Buckmasters, QDMA, Wild Turkey Federation, etc) are traced back to the Davis-Garvin Insurance Company, P.O. Box 21627 in Columbia, South Carolina and you can buy the insurance directly from Davis-Garvin. I would buy the insurance and as suggested, use a in-state attorney to draw up the lease agreements due to various state laws.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:17 PM

i believe i saw one on the maryland dnr.

Quick Reply: Where can I get a landowner liability waiver form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.