Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Could you please give me some advice about trail camera >

Could you please give me some advice about trail camera

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Could you please give me some advice about trail camera

Old 08-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Banned

Question Could you please give me some advice about trail camera

I am Kenny Wood from califonia , 5 years hunter, love bowhunting ,fishing .
The trail camera is a very useful tool in my hunting, I owed 7 trail camera in the past few years, I owned 2 no brand trail cams, 1 bushnell , 1 spypoint ,and 3 acorn cameras 5310, most of them were purchased from the local store. One was purchased from ebay , and the acorn camera was purchase from a website www.acorncamera.com.
But the bushnell and 1 no brand trail camera broken last month,I need to buy two more trail camera for the farm security and wildlife scouting.Could you guys give me some advice?
I never buy other brands and I have no idea what models are come with good quality and low price...
I don't need MMS module ,just only think about basic trail cams.
Your kindly advice would be highly appreciate!

Kenny Wood

Last edited by Kenny Wood; 08-28-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Spike

We run a ranch in Texas and agree that not only is it a helpful tool but a good branch of our marketing. We have about 18 both Primos and Cuddeback, primarily Primos and have had good luck with them. Not to say we have not had a bad one or 2 but for the most part they do the job required. All are equipped with ext. battery and solar panels. Trying to make as maintenance free as possible. If we upgrade we will more than likely stay with primos
Old 08-29-2016, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

moultrie A5
Old 08-29-2016, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

The OP has been temp banned for a week for posting duplicate topics in different forums and violating the rules. He'll be back in a week and can respond to you then.

CalHunter
Old 08-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Low priced good cameras Moultrie !
Old 08-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Moultrie A5
Old 08-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple of Stealth Cams. They have been very reliable with 1,000s of pics taken. Paid $85 each on Amazon.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I used primos cameras for years with good results . The only bad thing I had to say about them was they usually quit working correctly after a year. I'm trying two browning cameras this year. I'll check them Saturday and see how they turned out. The Brownings were 90 at cabelas on sale. The primos are 100 good luck with your choice I read a lot of reviews and still wonder.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Spike

I have owned most brands. I stayed away from Moultrie because the trigger speed was slow. I recently purchased 2 moultrie 888i units. They are the best cameras I have found and I have many that cost more. The deer don't know they are there because they are truly no glow. You can find them for $99 now because they are going off the market. I truly believe that the price point is too low for what you get. I bet you will see this cam rebranded and sold for more money. They are 14 mp and the new 888 is only 8 I believe.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:56 AM
Spike

Guess I'm cursed when it comes to trail cams. I have yet to find a good one that will actually last. I've had several brands to no avail. Put 2 new ones out a month ago and both are freaking JUNK. The first by Primos won't even work at all. I get a solid red led in the center which won't go off and it will not take a single pic. The other by Junk Game Nation said on the pack that it was good for a year or 30k images on a set of batteries yet it drained a new set in just 2 weeks and 17 images. Both have to be "registered" just after purchase for the warranty to be valid so I'm screwed there. Another couple hundred$ down the drain. I think I'm done trying. Someone send me an email when technology finally reaches the trail cam industry and they make something reliable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.