Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bear ate my deer cam

Old 10-03-2002, 07:19 AM

Default Bear ate my deer cam

I went to change the film in my deer cam yesterday and found it torn off the tree with tooth marks in the plastic cover and the batteries is there anything you can do to keep the bears from tearing it up?

Old 10-03-2002, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bear ate my deer cam

I don't have bears where I live, but I drilled holes in both sides of mine and attached a 1 1/2inch chain to mine that is bolted though the plastic... Your local hardware store should have everything you need to do this... but I would venture to say that a bear could still rip it off the tree if he so desired...
Old 10-03-2002, 08:00 AM

Wild man! Did ya get pics? I would do some bear hunting. Don't feed them any more camras. Unless there is a sign don't feed the bears.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:33 AM

Well, he's gonna have to pay the price for doin that I'd say. Gonna have to stick him. He shouldn't have done that.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Connect a Claymore to the tree connected to the camera?

Hang a tree stand with some bait and harvest that sucker? Bear season is open right now.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:21 AM

Same thing happened to my camera a couple of months ago. He pulled it from the tree, bit into the lense cover, broke a couple prongs of the back, and pulled the cable out through the hole. All the pics were blurry, but I could make out a paw and an ear. 2 weeks later I got a nice broadside picture of him.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a buddy who had the same thing happen this season. Now he mounted it 12' up in a tree pointing down to the bait.

PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE......SUCCESS!
Old 10-04-2002, 12:00 PM

Never had a bear mess with my cam but did have 3 racoon's run off with it we found it 2 day's later they were not good photographer's more picture's of ground and feet then anything
Old 10-04-2002, 12:50 PM

don't eat a p/j sandwich while you're puting it up!

Hurry up and wait.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 PM

sounds like you have problems. try putting it ina tree to small for a bear to climb but large enough for the camera also put it high enough so the bear can't reach it. You scared him so he was unleashing some rage. I read that in Bow hunting world in the October issue.

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!

Quick Reply: Bear ate my deer cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.