Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Smokeless Tobacco

Old 09-12-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Smokeless Tobacco

There was a post earlier on here about smoking while hunting. I was just wondering if anyone out there dips/chews while hunting. I dip in the stand and have had some problems on occasion....but them aain sometimes it isnt a problem. What is yalls take?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Smokeless Tobacco

I dip scoal regular straight cut while I am hunting andI have never had a problem.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:07 AM

I don't smoke nor do i chew, but my good hunting buddy chews every time he's up in the stand. I don't get it?! He chews and he is still successful nearly 75% of the time we go out. I thought smoking and chewing and the like would scare the deer away. I'm sure smoking does, but I think you can get away with chewing. Just don't swallow!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:08 AM

I don't smoke nor do i chew, but my good hunting buddy chews every time he's up in the stand. I don't get it?! He chews and he is still successful nearly 75% of the time we go out. I thought smoking and chewing and the like would scare the deer away. I'm sure smoking does, but I think you can get away with chewing. Just don't swallow!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I chew all the time while in the stand I have never had a problem.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dip all of the time while in the stand. I try to be a little carful where I spit while bowhunting.......never seem to have a problem.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

im always chewing while hunting.....skoal straight...never had a problem.......i also goto the bathroom from my stand spot......usually a ground hideout.....once i HAD to go..the drive was over and everyone was hiking up a hill....my stomach couldnt take it.......i got up and made it to the backside of my tree......let er rip man.........it was there the rest of the season.....another guy went there for that drive a few days later and said man your spot STINKS no deer and SMELLS BAD!!! the deer always go by that tree just not the day he was there........the next time i was there i whacked a little buck......i had a dip in too.....
Old 09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't dip at all, but 3 of my good buddies do all the time and are always killing!
Maybe I should start!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i always have a dip in when i'm hunting. usually copenhagen or some sort of natural dip. I dont think deer are scared of the smell of snuff spit or snuff itself. I hunt out of a groundblind for deer and i spit all over the ground and ive had deer sneak up on me from 5yds and not give a crap about my snuff. It just doesnt feel right to me to go out in the woods without a dip. I'm usually more successful also when i have a big dip in. must be my good luck charm. [8D]
Old 09-12-2005, 12:24 PM

Skoal Berryâ„¢ is the dip of choice for me when iam out.

Quick Reply: Smokeless Tobacco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.