Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Can anyone explain how deer cocaine is used? >

Can anyone explain how deer cocaine is used?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can anyone explain how deer cocaine is used?

Old 07-09-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Can anyone explain how deer cocaine is used?

Alright I was thinking bout buying some but exactly what do I have to do and how does this attract deer? All I seen was a buck sniffing a hole ...
Old 07-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can anyone explain how deer cocaine is used?

I have been using deer cocaine for 10 years and have had really good luck with it inmy bottomland, but I have had no luck in uplands on my place. The way Istart a lick is to dig a shallow hole about 4 feet across and dissolving asack of deer cocaine into about6 gallons of water. The odor of the mixture is supposed to draw the deer.I have one lick that is 10 years old and is now about 3 feet deep. I believe it works best when the soil is missing some mineral that the deer crave (whatever that might be).
Old 07-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Im not sure BUT I have been told that they score the coke from a Racoon or a Fox ...then they take it and put it on a flat surface like a flat rock or a stump ..then thay snort it ... thats when you hear them sneezing and YOU think your BUSTED..that they got wind of you but nooooooo ....and then they REALLY start acting wierd ...trying to picup some hot doe's in plain day light .... yeh that Cocaine can kill ya .... ;&gt)

Doc
Old 07-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several deer mineral licks that I use deer cocaine and several other like products.

The way I use it is .
Just off where 2 trails cross I clear a 4' area of leaves and dump the deer cocaine on the ground ,then I pour water on it if it's not going to rain soon.
I don't worry about grass

I have found the red cattle mineral block or loose works just as good after the deer have found the lick .

The brown sweet molasses blocks seem to work great also

I have 1 spot that the deer use more than the others ,it is close to a creek crossing and along a trail that follows the creek between bedding areas and feeding areas.

Johnch
Old 07-09-2005, 06:46 PM

Rumor has it they're coming out with Deer Reefer next year, although it can't be confirmed. Heard it from a friend of a friend..However, how the deer is going to roll a joint and get it lit is another project.

slayer
Old 07-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Instructions are on the back of the package but in essence....

Find an area with the appropriate soil and drainage...within 10 feet or so of a deer trail and in a semi-secluded spot.

Clear a four foot area of all debris and either sprinkle the deer cocaine over the area or mix it in stream water or distilled water and then dump the mixture over the 4 foot area. If you just sprinkle then powder then it won't be activated until moisture hits it...preferrably a good rain.

The powder emits an odor when water contacts it. The odor attracts deer and then they dig at the ground and lick the dirt to get at the minerals/nutrients.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

What you do is give them a sample, just a hit or two. a few days later they comeback "jones'n" for another hit. Thats when you have them locked in and you charge them for it. Stay away from school zones though, automatic 75yrs for that, and watch out for the man....haha.
No, really though, I've seen deer cocaine work. It's the salt and the MSG's in it that they keep coming back for.