Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wildlife eye

Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Wildlife eye

Well I just got done watching Drury outdoors, Wildlife eye volume 5 of their 100% wild series, and let me say WOW. the wildlife eye is truly an awsome trail monitoring system. I highly suggest the DVD to anyone and I will be saving the pennies for a wildlife eye myself. For those who don't know what it is. it is a video monitoring system that uses a LANK connection to connect the device to your sony or cannon digital video camera. It can record at night using infared technology that does not spook game like camera flashes. man you can learn alot about your deer using this tool.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wildlife eye

sounds pretty cool.

Sunni Triangle??? you in the military?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

sounds pretty cool.

Sunni Triangle??? you in the military?
yes I have been in the army for 12 1/2 years. I'm a tank platoon sergeant, serving in Iraq for the second time.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've found that anything the Drury Team endorses is a great product. They do extensive testing and actually care about hunting. There not just in it for the $$$.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:12 PM

Missing the 05 season because I'm fighting for our freedoms in Iraq. Slay one for me fellow hunters!!
PY ,

May God Bless you on your trip over seas and bring you home safe ! To many americans forget about you guys ! As an American I thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish you the best along with your family !

Now , about the video unit . I have been using one for about two years now . There are a couple of sites out there that show you how to make your own , which is what I did . You are going to find the hardest part of a video unit is the IR array unit . A couple good ones out there to use if you choose to build one your self . One is offered by whitetailsupply.com . They should have a brand new board out real soon that from what I hear will blow the socks off of any other light source out and no heat issue at all .

Another unit some are using is a BG1 array board with the cold fusion IR leds . Also gives off great light .

A homemade unit will run any wheres from $300 to $400 to make .

Heres the inside of my unit

Side

Front

Old 06-04-2005, 08:42 AM

Double Lunger, thank you for the kind words sir. We appreciate all the support we get from people such as your self. Also thank you for the info on making your own unit. Yours looks great. Drury priced there's right, you can get the unit without the camera for 299.00. I hope you have agreat season this year
Old 06-04-2005, 10:33 AM

PY ,

If you can use any camera with a LANC port and buy a unit with out a camera , make sure you buy a pre 1998 Sony unit . Anytihng from 1998 and up have real bad night shot on them . I started off with a Sony TRV30 and it was so bad . I know use a 1997 Sony TRV37 and the night clips are so much better . Alot of guys now use the pre 98 Sony TRV65 as well .

What ever you do make sure the camera was made around 1997 year . Anything after has poor night shot .

Do you know if this unit will switch the nightshot back to day ? Something to think about . A guy with the user name of Jags has a board out that runs a servo to switch your camera from day use to nighshot .

If the unit you are talking about does not switch it back and forth , there is an easy mod you can to do the camera so it records fine day time and night .

Either way good luck with the unit !
Old 06-04-2005, 12:17 PM

I've seen those wildlife eyes and they look sweeeeeet!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Double Lunger

PY ,

If you can use any camera with a LANC port and buy a unit with out a camera , make sure you buy a pre 1998 Sony unit . Anytihng from 1998 and up have real bad night shot on them . I started off with a Sony TRV30 and it was so bad . I know use a 1997 Sony TRV37 and the night clips are so much better . Alot of guys now use the pre 98 Sony TRV65 as well .

What ever you do make sure the camera was made around 1997 year . Anything after has poor night shot .

Do you know if this unit will switch the nightshot back to day ? Something to think about . A guy with the user name of Jags has a board out that runs a servo to switch your camera from day use to nighshot .

If the unit you are talking about does not switch it back and forth , there is an easy mod you can to do the camera so it records fine day time and night .

Either way good luck with the unit !
Double Lunger thanks for teh valueable info on the right type of camera to use. i had thought about buying a used unit off of Ebay, i will look for the type you described. I dont think the unit switches it from day-time to night-shot. Once again thanks