White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.
View Poll Results: How far in advance should stands be hung.?
1 week prior
0%
3weeks
35.71%
3 months
28.57%
6 months
35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Be Trail Ready

Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Spike

Default Be Trail Ready

Just a reminder as the season opener nears, remember as you are hanging your stands and setting trail cams. always be looking to improve on your deer funnels or "man made funnels" I think it is one of the most important aspects when it comes down to that one perfect shot.
Happy Hunting.

"Dont follow the tracks make your own" R.R
Old 08-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Spike

Default hanging stands

At least 3mos. If possible year round. On my sons farm we are able to leave them up, an just keep them maintained.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I eave my 6 ladder stands out all year round, but I might move a couple of them around a little.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I selected 3 weeks. I feel that is the bare minimum for me for my fixed stands. I also like to use my climber to setup and move as needed.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Spike

I don't hang stands any longer due to the fact that I hunt public land. If stands are hung in Minnesota, they are up for grabs, and you can find someone in your stand and not be able to do a thing about it. Stands also tend to disappear on public lands.

Because of this, I use an Equilizer climber stand. I pack it in and out to each spot. Before the season, I trim shooting lanes, and I'm set. It's easy to set up, and gives me the advantage of the surprise attack.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Angry

Ross Shooter
You mentioned if someone is hunting out of your stand when you get to it,that there is nothing you can do about it I would be cutting the tree down with him in it then ,If not that then I would darn sure have him charged for trespassing on my property. Even if it's only a stand,it's yours. How do they make these insane laws down south in the good Ole US Of A. Sorry bud, not putting down your Country, I just can never figure out all the stupid laws you all have down there.
Rocky