Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 North Idaho Hunting/Fishing >

North Idaho Hunting/Fishing

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

North Idaho Hunting/Fishing

Old 12-30-2004, 08:01 PM

Default North Idaho Hunting/Fishing

I'm still relatively new to the North Idaho area and wondering who all hunts and fishes the area and/or where you all are? Thanks!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:46 PM

Default RE: North Idaho Hunting/Fishing

If the hunting and fishing is anything like it is here in Spokane than it should be great!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted up your way a couple of years ago. We killed 3 bulls in opening week. I hunt more in south central Idaho. The fishing up your way is fantastic. Alot of steelhead and salmon in the Clearwater.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:34 AM

I hunt north Id. and have been successful over the years which I have left my foot prints over the top of many mountains, very beautiful country, don't like to brag too much, but have taken elk, deer, and bear. When it comes to fishing, I mainly go after the catfish in the snake river, but try to go once or twice for the steelhead in Riggins or Hells Canyon...RobinHood36>>>=============>; )
Old 01-02-2005, 12:22 AM

i hunt north idaho as well, have harvested elk, deer, bear, over the last few years ive been hunting, and mainly fish for catfish, also trout, steelhead, salmon, bass, and trout
Old 01-02-2005, 11:42 AM

IDRedneckGirl,

I am definitely in your area. I live in Wallace, it's about an hour east of you in case you didn't know. The hunting has been pretty good here in the last few years for me. Fishing in the cda river is alright but I haven't got out too much lately to go fishing, softball usually messes up my summers.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:35 PM

Thanks everybody for your replies! I'm basically trying to teach myself how to hunt by myself and I know a little more about fishing, but still trying to get it down and where to go! Looks like it's going to be a slow process, but it's all part of it, right? Yeah, Elk_freak, I know where Wallace is, haven't explored the area too much, that's part of my Spring plans though. Awesome country down there.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in the Selway country about 2 hours south of you for elk, deer, bear, cougar. I trap in the Clearwater drainage around Orofino. I work for the forest service up in Elk City which is on the edge of the Frank Church, Selway-Bitterroot, and Gospel Hump wilderness areas. I have also bear/cougar hunted up around Kellog, Moscow and Clarkia. Basically all around north/central Idaho. If you need info on a place to go just drop me a pm or email and I'll be glad to fill you in.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 PM

yeah, CDA, here. I do it all, turkey, cats, bears, deer, elk, trying to learn salmon/steelhead. I flyfish, spin, ice fish. Hmmm... what else, I am a bow hunter, I do some muzzleloading each year. That is about it, lol, i think! I hunt units 3.4.6 for elk/bear/deer. I fish CDA, Hayden, Fernan, Lake Elsie, n. fork... ect. I try to do as much as possible.

Ask me anything, today i went out to Hauser lake for some Perch, i got 40! And tomorrow i am going to Fernan for some pike, and maybe a few perch.