Elk hunting Washington >

Elk hunting Washington

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Elk hunting Washington

Old 09-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Spike

Default Elk hunting Washington

At 54 I have moved to Washington. I have hunted since I was a small child. I have taken a lot of mature Whitetail Deer in various venues. Archery, Muzzleloader, and Rifle. Even one with a knife and that was not planned that way. I have hunted Pheasant, quail, squirrel, rabbit, and on one occasion elk. I am a successful hunter. I know nothing about Washington and want to hunt here. I bought a license and was made to pick a region so I picked Eastern Washington. My license is for bear, cat, deer and elk. I need some tips as the Washington hunting criteria is somewhat vague. Where to go. Is there any private land available. How much the trespass fees are. Any help would be deeply appreciated. I hunt alone mostly as I have never been around a group of people that hunt. My Dad took me as a child and died when I was a young 16. I fell in love with the outdoors. Again any tips or information would be deeply appreciated.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

There are no trespass fees we have hundreds of thousands of acres of public land to hunt!! I have killed 20 elk all on public land all in the same GMU!
Old 03-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I can not help you with Washington, but depending on your circumstances, Idaho, Montana , heck, maybe even BC and Alberta have a lot of big game opportunities also. They are a lot less populated then there in Washington.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
Spike

Get a garmin with land ownership maps. Or phone app. There great can even find the posted state land and access points. In Washington some people like to post public lands and access roads.