West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Fires

Old 08-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Fires

Those planning hunts here in Montana should keep an eye on fires going in the state, eastern Montana, especially north and east of Billings is in a prolonged drought. What was the largest fire going in lower 48, the Logdepole complex fires east of Winnet have burned close to 300.000 acres. Good news is it is now over 90% contained area has received showers in the last week and cooler weather. There are also many fires burning in western area of state, and we still have the month of August to go. I can speak mainly for the Missouri river breaks, that are just south of where I live, if hot and dry weather continues in August, there will be hunting and travel restrictions both north and south of Ft. Peck and Missouri river. With Antelope archery starting in just a couple of weeks, and bird and big game starting in September, folks would be wise to contact FWP, Charles Russell Refuge, BLM to see if and , or what areas may be effected by drought.