Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Multiple lop deer tags & exclusive 10-year hunting of 1,000s of acres of private land >

Multiple lop deer tags & exclusive 10-year hunting of 1,000s of acres of private land

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Multiple lop deer tags & exclusive 10-year hunting of 1,000s of acres of private land

Old 10-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Spike

Default Multiple lop deer tags & exclusive 10-year hunting of 1,000s of acres of private land

Hello, fellow hunters. My name is Doug and I am a landowner in Columbia Basin Unit (144) with over 2,000 acres nestled right above the Umatilla River west of Pendleton, Oregon. I want to be respectful of the forum and not post where its not appropriate, but I did not see a section on land leasing. Anyway, happy to make whatever change is needed, being a new member.

Based on my acreage count, each year I am allocated three Landowner Preference (LOP) deer tags for 100 SERIES: CONTROLLED BUCK DEER and three for 600 SERIES: ANTLERLESS DEER. The person or party who leases would also gain access to my family's neighboring 2,455 acres, although not on an exclusive basis. So around 4,500 acres of primarily wheat fields with rolling break land and other deer-friendly features, all adjacent to a river with sheltering woods. There is also pheasant and other game birds and an Elk LOP (I believe), but while Elk are sometimes present it is not on a consistent basis.

I plan on spending opening weekends with my two boys hunting and would like to see if anyone's interested in purchasing the remaining four tags for the remainder of the seasons (I believe by law I can transfer two out of three for each hunt to non-family). I would like a 10-year lease with a responsible, respectful party with whom I can build a trusting relationship. I may be purchasing the additional 2,455 acres in the next few years, at which point the whole 4,500 or so acres would be exclusively yours to hunt. Also yours would be the additional two tags that roughly 4,500 acres would bring. There are many excellent camping grounds as well to park your outfit. Other members of your hunting party who purchase a Columbia Basin Unit (144) are welcome to join you as well.

The property is amazing and I welcome anyone with a serious interest to reach out about a tour. As far as the land I own, there's 1,736 acres of wheat production ground, some of which features sloping hills, and around 250 acres of treeless/shrubby/rocky hills and canyons where they bed down and hide. The property sits just above a long, tree-lined stretch of the Umatilla River, where the landowner doesn't allow hunting. Decades of no hunting along the river has meant that the mule deer population is extremely abundant, and my property acts as a natural way point for them to travel between the river and highlands. Herds are spotted at all times of year, and the relative ease of access means collecting your game animal isn't any trouble. I have a few 'No Trespassing' signs up, but would put up a dozen or so more to help guard against trespassers.

I have attached some maps, photos of herds from last year, and my buck from October 1st of this year (taken within hours on opening day - I could have been more discriminating but we had a wedding to attend and I had only the morning). This was my first year hunting and I had my two sons with me. I have included below a couple of videos of the property and am happy to produce a deed and other proof of sole ownership, as well as sign an agreement to protect your investment. Further, I will stipulate refunds at different levels through the term of the lease in case I sell out at some point. But I am the fifth generation in a Century Farm and not likely to sell. The $25,000 is based on a discount from the approximately $3,500 I am offered for hunting access each year. Thanks for your time; I look forward to meeting you!

Video #1:
Video #2:
Google Map Coordinates: 45°41'33.5"N 119°04'51.9"W
Old 10-17-2016, 08:18 PM
Spike

I am basically looking to subsidize rising property tax costs. Thanks for checking this out; have a great week.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Spike

Happy to also pay a referral fee to anyone who can connect me with the party who leases.