Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor >

Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor

Old 01-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with flags and Oldtimr, but actually it looks like the OP was just a Spammer or Troll since he hasn't even logged back onto the site to see if he got a rise out of anybody since he made that post or maybe he is just relying on emails back to him!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-13-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I agree with flags and Oldtimr, but actually it looks like the OP was just a Spammer or Troll since he hasn't even logged back onto the site to see if he got a rise out of anybody since he made that post or maybe he is just relying on emails back to him!
Maybe or maybe not but I won't blame him if he doesn't return if he was really looking for some help ?maybe when people don't hunt they don't know how hunters speak if you know what I mean ? I don't know if he was a dirt bag or not but I hope he was if we treat people like that !
Old 01-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I don't think so. All we have to go by is the words that were posted and the tone of the post. To me it shows no respect and complete disregard for the act of hunting and a flippant almost giddy attitude about killing wildlife. I have helped a lot of people start hunting, still do, but never one who exhibited the thought process put forth in the post. That is me, you are free mentor whoever you want. If I am alone in my opinion, I can live with it.
I'll grant you that his wanting to kill something is a little different bu in fairness, he also mentioned wanting to learn and go hunting twice and that he was looking for a mentor. It's hard to make a call on whether he's a troll or not with just one post since he mentioned wanting to learn to hunt and looking for a mentor. He's obviously not a hunter as he admits that so he would hopefully learn more about it from a mentor.

In the meantime, for the OP, you will need to take and pass a Hunter Safety class in California before you can obtain a hunting license. Here's a link (see below) with more information about that:

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/hunter-education
Old 10-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Spike

I'm taking the Hunter Education class in January and look forward to it!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say that if I were the OP, I would not be coming back on here after the "welcome" you guys gave him. Hey the guy has never hunted. He doesn't know the Jargon. So he said something that you didn't particularly like the way he said it. Glad you guys have never done that! Do you remember how you were as a kid? Didn't you just want to kill something. The genetic drive is there, and maybe we expect a grown up to say it better, but give him a break.

Assuming that he is for real, and he would have had to make up a lot of stuff if he is not, then he actually sounds like a pretty cool guy. I just emailed him to see if I can get some more info.

That said, not a sailor, but I would have to agree with Flags assessment as well.

Last edited by txhunter58; 11-21-2017 at 01:33 PM.