Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Colorado Sooner >

Colorado Sooner

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Sooner

Old 09-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Sooner

Hey all. I am new to the forums. I am currently stationed at Fort Carson Colorado but I call Oklahoma home. Married. Just had my first child, a girl born May 2014. Love all types of hunting. Job in the Army is a 1SG for an artillery battery.

Interested in browsing these forums and meeting new people to hunt with and finding areas where I can go in both Colorado and Oklahoma. I have not been hunting since 2010 due to deployments and a move to Germany. I cannot wait to get back at it now that I am back home.

Look forward to gleaming off y'alls wisdom on this site.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the group.
Dan
Old 09-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by longknife12
Welcome to the group.
Dan
Thank you for the welcome
Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

I don't frequent this site like I used to say, 13 years ago. Former sooner resident here, from Tulsa actually, and in your neck of the woods in Colorado Springs. Thank you for your service btw. Used to hunt SE Oklahoma when we lived back in t-town. I have tried hunting in Teller county with no luck. Too many wild fires have taken away hunting land, so the locals are even more confined in 511 IMO. We'll be heading west to Gunnison for second season this year. I'm sure you've learned of a couple of places to shoot now. There's the Cheyenne shooting range by your base(too many caliber restrictions for me), Dragonmans(he's almost legendary), and a few national forest locations(what few are left now).
Old 10-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

I'm new to this site and well. Good luck and welcome!
Old 11-14-2014, 05:36 AM
Spike

Default Welcome

Welcome and Good to have another Okie here in the Springs. I have been here off and on for 15 years and lived in OKC, Tulsa, Bartlesville. Now I am here to stay in Monument, CO. 511 is becoming a dead area due to fires and tourist/target shooters. Open free public shooting off of 67 north of woodland park maybe 10 miles on left...Good 45 min from me.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default colorado

Welcome to co!
I'm looking for tips on how to get started. I'm new to it all.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

They allow hunting on Ft, Carson. Since you are active duty and stationed in CO you can hunt as a resident no matter where you call home. All you need to do is have a copy of your orders with you when you go get tags. They take some really big mulies off the Pinon Canyon Range area of the base. I'd be looking into that really hard if I was you.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Spike

Cool Co gmu 511, 581, 59, 591

My son and I both drew muzzleloader tags for cow in these areas? Anyone willing to share a good spot? We have seen quite a few elk along Rampart Range road, but almost always on private land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.