Another colorado new guy >

Another colorado new guy

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Another colorado new guy

Old 08-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Spike

Default Another colorado new guy

Hello,

I'll be browsing the forums quite a bit and asking some stupid questions (after the search feature has been used). Currently I'm building a remington 700 long range in 30-06, larue base/mounts, vortex viper hs-t 4-16x44 scope, and a harris bipod. I'll be hunting (elk) for the first time 1st rifle season in GMU 15. Since I'm dropping quite a bit of money here, I'd like to get out more than just 1st season. Anyone have any recommendations for OTC tags for Deer, Elk, Bear, Antelope?
Old 08-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

No OTC deer tags in Colorado.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

As of 15 minutes ago, DOW left over site has cow elk tags left over in 15. 2d rifle season.
Dan

google: colorado left over tags 2014
Old 08-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Spike

I hunted 15 last 3 years and saw no elk and hardly any deer. The hunting success rate for that area was like 7%. I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Spike

Interesting. Where exactly did you hunt?

I was up there two days ago and saw 4 mullies and a decent sized 4x4 bull. Plenty of sign also... Granted there has been no shots yet...
Old 08-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Spike

Where are you at? I am in Lakewood and willing to help you out some if your interested.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Spike

I was on gore pass mostly. North and south side, hiking 7-10 miles a day with no fresh sign. Thats how it was when we scouted the area, all sorts of sign and pictures on the trail cam. When hunting season rolled around none to be found, they were gone. We were in deep a few days and thought that we would have jumped some but never did. Was up there for 5 days.