Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Colorado eastern plains elk hunt. Where to go? >

Colorado eastern plains elk hunt. Where to go?

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado eastern plains elk hunt. Where to go?

Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Spike

Default Colorado eastern plains elk hunt. Where to go?

Have any of you ever hunted the plains for elk? If so, where is the best area. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not personally but I know that there are elk on the prairie in places most folks have no clue they exist. Eastern plains elk licenses in CO are pretty easy to get and the season runs a long time. I believe that southern half of CO is your best bet, something that borders the Pinion Canyon area.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
I have not personally but I know that there are elk on the prairie in places most folks have no clue they exist. Eastern plains elk licenses in CO are pretty easy to get and the season runs a long time. I believe that southern half of CO is your best bet, something that borders the Pinion Canyon area.

Elway7 - You just got some great advice right there. If I say anymore, one good friend would get mad at me.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Spike

SKB2706 and Cajun, thank you so much for your help. I'll definitely check out that area. Thanks again.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Gee I'd likje to give that a try myself.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a really good deal if you do some pre season scouting. Not only can you get "either sex" license almost all eastern plains elk hunting areas are far under subscribed. No preferences points, no waiting, long seasons...seems the DOW isn't fond of having elk 'head east'.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt mulies and whitetail out there but never elk, although ive seen a bull before around brush
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Spike

Default Where Do You Hunt At On The Eastern Plains Of Colorado

Hi I Was Checking The Forums Out And I Seen Where You Said You Hunt The Eastern Plains Of Colorado? I Put In For A Deer Tag This Year And Will Be My First Time To Hunt The Eastern Plains Of Colorado As I Live In Colorado Springs And I Was Wonering Where I Would Hunt At On The Eastern Plains Of Colorado I Was Wondering If There Was Any Public Or BLM Land on The Eastern Plains Of Colorado And Where I Could Hunt At And Get Me A Deer With out Getting On Private Land And Getting My Self Into Trouble And Being on Some One's Land That I Dont Know Please Help Me Thanks..
Old 02-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

W E - very little of the eastern plains is public land so your best option by far is to get permission to hunt private land. I do it every year and always fill licenses. pm me I give ya some clues
Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Spike

Default Howdy Thanks For The Information Please Help Me

Originally Posted by skb2706
W E - very little of the eastern plains is public land so your best option by far is to get permission to hunt private land. I do it every year and always fill licenses. pm me I give ya some clues

Howdy Nice To Meet You All Do You All Hunt On The Eastern Plains? I Am Looking For A Hunting Partner This Is My First Year To Go Hunting Do You Think You Could Go With Me? And Help Me Hunt I Really Need A Hunting Partner? I Am New Here And I Dont Know Where To Hunt At On The Eastern Plains Of Colorado? I Wish You Could Help Me? And Go With Me How About It? And If Not What Can You Tell Me About Hunting On The Eastern Plains? So I Dont Get Into Trouble Out There By My Self Please Give Me Some Clues? Or Go With Me I Need Help In Getting Me A Deer To Eat On And Please E-mail Driectly Your Self At [email protected] Thanks And God Bless..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.