Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Colorado Turkey Hunters >

Colorado Turkey Hunters

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Turkey Hunters

Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Spike

I really appreciate it... yeah I was up there when it was really windy as well but didn't see a thing. I'm thinking this weather is really messing with there patterns.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Spike

I really need some help locating some birds. I've hundred rampart, old stage down 115 and pueblo reservoir and no luck idk what's going on. I grew up in Wi and never had any issues with gobblers. Any advice?

Last edited by bosworth; 04-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Spike

Fort Carson is a big place and it's hard to narrow down the areas to hunt. The best way to do so is by putting leather to the ground and getting some exercise. Those hills are no joke!

Also, I highly recommend http://www.g2outdoors.net They have digital maps of Fort Carson that you can use on your smart phone. It has saved me numerous times from getting lost. If you plan to hunt on Fort Carson you NEED this map!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Here are 2 little guys I got on camera a few weeks ago.

Colorado Turkey Hunters-pict0060.jpg
Old 07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Spike

I am new to Hunting and am trying to take my son(13) on a Turkey hunt. I am still trying to scout out the areas but I am located in Colorado springs and have a lic for fall 2013 east of I-25. anyone know public lands or know any ranchers that I can call to get access to their land. its like trying to pull teeth around here to find the free places to hunt.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

I was seeing them until mid June on Rampart near Woodland Park but I haven't seen a turkey since.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Spike

Thanks c-rad. Anywhere else maybe last year that they will be there this year?
Old 05-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Spike

Default Any chance you can help?

Originally Posted by RockyMtnGobbler
My usual place is also not far in maybe1/4 mile in with little hunting pressure, I get a gobbler every year but I want more ofa challengeand am going deeper in this year. I also want a place far enough back in that most hunters wont want to walk it in case more hunters find my usual place.

Hard to believe where I hunt is not crawling with hunters but I have only seen one other in all the time I am in the woods.
I am fairly new to turkey hunting I have been out ten times I have seen and called in birds just haven't gotten them close enough to get a shot.most of the time I am hunting right against private property and they won't come off. Any chance you can help me find a better location? You said you get one every year, that is amazing to me! If you are willing to share I can pay you or share my knowledge of current locations of birds down by canon city and rampart. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2020, 08:10 PM
Spike

Looking to get into hunting turkey near GJ. I was thinking there may be some spots in the flat ground on the mesa. If anybody has any suggestions, wants to chat about turkey hunting near here, or has recommendations, I would greatly appreciate them. I was hoping to hit the mesa this fall and hunt with a rifle. I would be open to doing spring or fall shotgun hunts as well. Could even do bow hunting but only have a recurve. Any ideas?