Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Colorado Turkey Hunters >

Colorado Turkey Hunters

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Turkey Hunters

Old 04-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Default RE: Colorado Turkey Hunters

I was in the south west corner of NE. The birds are getting fired up there. I was able to call in 17, not bad for my first year. None with beards though.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jfaith8061

does nayone know how good the hunting around the rampart resevoir/nichols area is?
I dont know but if you wanna go Ill drive. I hear that place is elk heaven too. I really NEED to do some scouting there but not sure how far into the high country we can get due to snow levels.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 PM

Don't worry about the snow too much in that area. It should be a good place to look.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Kansas but hunt over by Pueblo for my Merriams. We take our Rio and Eastern over here in Kansas on uncles private ground and then head over to take 3/4 of the slam on another uncles land by Pueblo. But that 4th bird in ole Florida is proving to be the problem... Have one slam but the boys over in Florida think those birds are made of gold.....

Goatslayer........
Old 04-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone score ? Birds are a little slow here. Not much gobbling---I saw a group of 12 hens & no strutter----What's up with that.

I did call in a group of 4 on Saturday AM. 3 hens & a jake. Wife hammered the jake @25 yards.

CB
Old 04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

I missed first two weeknds. Cant seem to find time to go with work and honeysdo's lined up.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:16 PM

15 minutes into the season and it was just about game over. He crossed the road and chassed me up the mountain about 400 yards and he stopped 10 yards short.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Done here in Kansas... Took 2 nice Rio's on Saturday. Uncles ranch was loaded with them. Both were in the 18+ pound range with one having a 10 inch beard and the other 11. Spurs were 1 inch on one and 3/4 on the other. Hopefully will make it up to the Pueblo area in the next 10 or so days to give the Merriams a try on another uncles ranch. Tried to post pictures but can't get them to load... We ended up filling 8 of 8 tags. All Rios this year... No Eastern or Hybrids this year. Season is still on for over a month here I can take anybody interested if you have something to trade. You will see birds... Have lots of pics......

Goatslayer........
Old 05-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Spike

What areas hold birds on Ft Carson. I finally got past the red tape any advice on what area to head to

Quick Reply: Colorado Turkey Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.