Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Decoy questions

Old 12-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I had some of those, you just wrapped the line and weight around them and compressed them and shoved them in your hunting coat pockets or game bag. The bottom looked like the opening in a huge condom.
We had ours in a canvas carry shoulder bag and you could put a couple dozen in it and not even know you were carrying anything it was so compact the way they compressed down. That last huge condom comment was a hoot!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have used water dekes on land and my dad came up with a neat idea one time. We took a bunch of long strips of heavy plastic and paid them lengthwise of the rows. We placed the dekes on the plastic to help hold them down. Made it look like water and worked. Was a bit trying when it was windy, but worked. I still do it on occasion when nothing else seems to work. Works good in tractor ruts and we lay our layouts in them also.