Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

who likes snow goose?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Spike

Snow geese normally come back to a field until the sustenance is depleted. On the other hand, they have great recollections and won't come back to a spot where they have been shot at. Discovering a hot field and setting out fakes may bring about a few fruitful hunting; a nighttime, morning and potentially another night. After that, the winged creatures are gone and its back to scouting.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
I've eaten Canadians and domestic and loved them both. Are the snowies considered greasy? (a common complaint from those that don't know how to cook a goose) Or is it just a flavor thing that people don't like.

-------------------
If I lived closer to Rushville, I'd take some off your hands.
All dark meat and all lean. For pulled pork, try them on low on a slow cooker for 14 hrs with apple juice(enough to cover the meat). then add the BBQ sauce for an hour, top with coleslaw on fresh Kaiser buns. Make a soup with legs and thighs . Thousands of recipes.

Ron
Old 05-29-2015, 05:59 AM
Spike

we were very successful this spring in harvesting the snows
we used HM BB's and had very few cripples
Old 05-29-2015, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I been reading into this and been getting great insight if I ever do hunt geese, but you folks are killing this carolina man with all that BBQ sauce. You need to get some vinegar in your pulled pork or it wont sooth the soul.