Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Attracting wild ducks to my property? >

Attracting wild ducks to my property?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Attracting wild ducks to my property?

Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Spike

Default Attracting wild ducks to my property?

We live in east Texas, and have 30 acres of land that we are not currently living on. We live near a 300,000 acre national forest, but I find that it is simply too crowded to be worth the money to hunt there. Our land it hald pasture, half wooded, with the pond being right on the boundary. It is very small, but if I plant cattails and chufa grass, will it attract them? Im not sure I have ever seen wild ducks, so I hate to get my hopes up. Can this be done?
I should also add, that while we dont live on the property, my Grandpa and Uncle do ride around on their tractor maybe once a week to keep the grass on the pasture side down. Would this keep them away? I just dont have that much money to pay to go duck hunting. When my great uncle died his kids sold his land, so there went my free hunting

Last edited by texas_mommy2010; 09-04-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-05-2014, 03:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

The last thing you want to plant s cattails. They will eventually make the pond disappear. One thing that ducks really like is smart weed, Pland giant smartweed around the pond. Check out this place. http://www.kestersnursery.com/Wetland%20Plant's.htm

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-05-2014 at 03:35 AM.