Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Flushing Wood Ducks

Old 12-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Spike

Default Flushing Wood Ducks

My first experience duck hunting was a teenager flushing wood ducks in our creek bottoms in Northeast Texas. I really enjoy the near upland experience this gives you.

I took my 7 year old son and we had a good time replicating the experience.

Different pictures over at my blog:http://wp.me/p3bCKM-az

Wood ducks are such fine looking birds. Do you have any good pictures of them? Post them up if you have them.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Spike

that's great man, hats off to you for the hunt and involving your son. How did he enjoy himself? Wood ducks inmy opinion are the most beautiful of ducks, and best tasting.wish i knew how to post up pics. Up here in NY we mostly have woodies our first split.Love em!!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics and truly a great experience with your son!!!!!!! Woodies taste great as kabobs as well!!!!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 01-11-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Spike

Thanks guys, it was a great day. Woodies are fine fare and pretty ducks. The boys love it.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every duck hunter needs a drake woodie mounted. They are one of the most beautiful ducks in the world. I've got a big drake mounted flying and he is simply spectacular!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Spike

got the first hunt ... congrats kid !!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Every duck hunter needs a drake woodie mounted. They are one of the most beautiful ducks in the world. I've got a big drake mounted flying and he is simply spectacular!
100% agreed!!!! I have a pair mounted on a taxid. log mount in my living room. It is turned sideways, unlike others that have it lengthwise. The hen in the knothole and the drake preening on the top side. Looks more like a log on the water.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man... I haven't been on this website in years lol alot more activity going on now! Good to see. I agree woodies are beautiful! Half of the ducks I shoot every season are woodies... last year I think I shot around thirty, but I do still have a pretty drake mounted. But what I would give for a nice Pintail! I had a shot at a Canvasback but the 4's just didn't cut it... But good shooting my friend!