Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

question

Old 01-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default question

what is your take on blackcloud 3 inch BBB shot?? used it today on some snowgeese and i had good luck with it. Gonna try it next week on canadian honkers and c about having the same luck. good stopping power at 65 + yards.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM

Default RE: question

black cloud are the best shell i have used they work great for duck and also have the power to nock down geese
Old 01-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

great shot to use with all waterfowl has the fs steel that stops birds like high density shells but cheaper than most premium steel loads
Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Everyone here seems to love BC. Initially I hated it because I found that it mangled my ducks (holes all the way through them). But then I determined it was because I was shooting it through a modified choke. Open up your choke (I've been using IC) if you are doing any shooting under 30 yards and it is extremely good. No cripples. I was talking to a guy the other day and he has been using a cylinder choke with great results.

I heard Patternmaster is coming out with a choke specifically for BC next year. So the best may still be to come.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 AM

I too tried some BC this past season and it did a great of killing cleanly every duck and goose that I shot and hit. I will be buying some more this fall or this spring if it is available for the spring hunt on Snows.