Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

DUCKS UNLIMITED

Old 02-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Default DUCKS UNLIMITED

Hey guys, I am actually right now doing a big project worth 15% of my grade, on the the ducks unlimited organisation. I was wondering if any of you fellow hunters would be kind enough to send me any stickers, ads, pictures, waterfowling ANYTHING on ducks unlimited which would help me present my project.. I will accept anything offered. i need help.. thanks guys..
Old 02-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DUCKS UNLIMITED

gooseslayer - I'm sure you're "googling" to find out more about DU and things members and the organization do and why. They have some pretty interesting information on their official site:
http://www.ducks.org/

I'd suggest you read through some of the information there that looks interesting to you. If you are interested in a particular topic, it's easier to make you project paper or presentation interesting.

I suggest you then focus in on 1 or at the most 2 specific areas within DU that sound the most interesting and you think others might be interested in. It's better to be thorough on one or two sub-topics within your overall topic than to lightly hit many different sub-topics.

For example on that page links under "Conservation" heading like "Where we work" bring you to the nice color map you might save in a Powerpoint presentation. Then pick out a particular area like "Prairie Pothole Region" or area you have some experience in: http://www.ducks.org/conservation/initiative45.aspx

They go into why it's important to preserve and restore some of the nesting and resting areas if we're to continue to maintain and build back strong waterfowl populations. You could give an example of some specific projects DU and other similar organizations have sponsored that successfully accomplished this. One good example is that strong come back of the Wood Duck population after decades of decline, DU and thousands of individuals over years put up thousands of Wood Duck houses around the areas that was their historical range. Today, Wood Ducks have made a strong population resurgance and both hunters and non-hunters alike can enjoy these beautiful birds.

Have fun. Let us know how it goes for you.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 PM

SHould do it on delta waterfowl also, they are an awesome organization, and all about helping us, so there is a future in duck hunting!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:49 AM

you if you were a member, you would get the magizine and stickers
Old 02-21-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: MB.prostaff.bgcalls

SHould do it on delta waterfowl also, they are an awesome organization, and all about helping us, so there is a future in duck hunting!
What exactly does Delta do that is helping us? They have zero power in Washington or Ottawa. They got removed from the Canadian board of several organizations that the Canadian gov't consults with that decides on what programs should be instated for conservation and wildlife. They lose and average of $0.20 on every dollar at their banquets (take a look at their public finacial statements). They bash other important organizations that arecrucial to our sport. All they really do is talk. Talk, and come up with B.S. statements that are in reply to knee jerk reactions of hunters after a disappointing hunting season.

You are just buying into Buck Gardner's B.S. He doesn't have a clue about anything, other than how to bait ducks on his properties and how to lie.

Delta is so far ina financialhole, they flirt with bankrupcy every fiscal season. They employ less than 10 field biologists, where as DU has around a hundred.

So I ask you, what exactly does Delta do that benifits duck hunters? What weight do they have when it comes supporting or opposing importantgovernmental bills that have impact on hunting rights or conservation? Don't even try and tell me DU doesn't help hunters and their rights.

Open your mouth again when you have a clue.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:52 PM

nobody said that D.U. didn't help huters they just said delta is good to

Old 02-21-2007, 03:35 PM

back off man,although MB's post had no relivance to this thread, he was just telling the kid he shouldsupport Delta as well as DU, he wasnt bashing DU.

in my opinion, they are both great orginiazations, that we as duck hunters shouldplay an active role in. the only differance is the size the two orginazations, and Delta seems to focus on the ducks them selves and DU focuses on the habit they live and breed in.

so why dont you get your facts strait before accusing some one of something they didnt say.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Foret all the BS,gooseslayert,what is your address and i will send you dome old mags that i have if you want em.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 PM

YA! I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF DU AND DELTA. I WASNT BASHING DU, READ MY POST!!!!!!!! BUDDY, DELTA TAKES A BIG PART IN GETTIN KIDS STARTED IN HUNTIN IN MANITOBA.delta's youth hunts persoanlly got me in to hunting andi thinkDU and Delta Are great organizations.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:44 PM

learn to spell organization if you are going to presenting on one!!

Quick Reply: DUCKS UNLIMITED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.