Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

new here

Old 08-27-2006, 05:51 PM

Default new here

Wellim new to the world of waterfowling and I have a few questions

1.are these good calls
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=26203&hvarTarget=sea rch&cmCat=WISHLIST&hvarAID=wishlist
and
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=64540&hvarTarget=sea rch&cmCat=WISHLIST&hvarAID=wishlist

2.How many dekes should I have in my spread.

If there is any other things I need please tell thank you.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new here

for the price ya very good
but buy 2dzn greenhead heard hot buys.... they are at most 25 bucks a dzn and line weights and a cheap old bag and your all set
Old 08-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to pretty much echo what Allseason said. I have the Hotbuy deke's and they've worked great for the season or so that I've had them. Don't know if this interest's you, but I bought the Knight&Hale something or rather combo that came with two calls and a video for both ducks and geese. The video's do help a bit, I find the goose one's a bit more informative, but, I only watched the duck one once and wasn't really paying much attention.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Echo calls are great. Just bought one at the DU Great Outdoors fest. Also the Barnie Calef line of calls are real nice if ou are willing to spend that much. I was amazed how good he can blow those calls. I guess a 3 time world duck calling champion can do that.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

The best thing I can recommend is going and blowing a bunch of different calls...everyone has different abililties meaning they will sound differently...