Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Some random pics

Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some random pics

Got my new Canon EOS Xsi 450D and just messing with it, alot to figure out

Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Some random pics

I love the barn. You may want to straighten it though. It has a lean to the left. Just being picky though.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bergcrane2

I love the barn. You may want to straighten it though. It has a lean to the left. Just being picky though.
Ya I know, my wife was driving and pulled down into the ditch, so I myself was slanted. Is there a way to "fix" that with photoshop???
Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Ya I know, my wife was driving and pulled down into the ditch, so I myself was slanted. Is there a way to "fix" that with photoshop???
Yeah there is. I actually use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo. It's very easy to use. There is an option where you make two points on the picture that you know are supposed to be level, and it'll turn the image to those points.Here, I turned it a bit. Problem is when using JPG files, they degrade every time you modify them. I try saving them as a .tif file first, which is uncompressed and then make any modifications from that file.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Yeah there is. I actually use Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo. It's very easy to use. There is an option where you make two points on the picture that you know are supposed to be level, and it'll turn the image to those points.Here, I turned it a bit. Problem is when using JPG files, they degrade every time you modify them. I try saving them as a .tif file first, which is uncompressed and then make any modifications from that file.

Thanks for that tip about files....didn't know that.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Actually solo, I'm partially right. .tif and .tiff files ARE compressed , but it's a lossless compression. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagged_Image_File_Format
.RAW files are just that. Raw. They are the image directly from the sensors on the camera. If you have a program that can download the .raw files from the camera, that's the highest quality image you can get. Then you can change it to any format you like from that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_image_format