Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

help with XHA1

Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default help with XHA1

alrite guys, i jus tested out my XHA1 with my azden wireless mic and found outthat somethins not right, you cant hear the wireless mic sound, only sound that goes through the shotgun mic. . . i looked through the manual and cant find which switch or button fixes this..... any ideas????? BTW with the azden mics you plug them into the"mic" hole underneath where the shotgun mic is.... i have my shotgun mic plugged into the ch 1 insert

Thanks,steven
Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: help with XHA1

Are you plugging your wireless into the XLR port? The cheaper Azden mic reciever uses a small 1/8" plug, that needs to be changed to an XLR plug so it will be compatible with your camera.........If you do not use the XLR, then you cannot split the channels and use both mics.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

On the front of the area where you plug in your XLRs, there is a switch for the phantom power. Make sure that it is in the on position or your mic will not work. Also make sure you have the CH1, CH1,CH2 switch set to CH1. It should work if all these settings are correct.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bet that is it, do you know where i could get a converter, or would it be cheaper to just buy better wireless mics?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i bet that is it, do you know where i could get a converter, or would it be cheaper to just buy better wireless mics?
You can try Full Compass for a mini to XLR adapter, or B &H might have them as well.........the better solution is to have someone re-wire an XLR pug onto the reciever.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

You can try Full Compass for a mini to XLR adapter, or B &H might have them as well.........the better solution is to have someone re-wire an XLR pug onto the reciever.
im sorry, could you provide links, thanks for your help
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

www.fullcompass.com
www.bhphoto.com

Old 01-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

First off, do not use phantom power with wireless mics. They have their own power supply and phantom power can cause issues. Secondly, make certain to go in your audio menu and turn on the XLR ports. finally, make certain the mic switchs above the xlr inputs are in the following positions: Top right swithch is set to mic, bottom right switch set to ch 1, top left switch turned to ch1. I always run my talent on ch1 and my shotgun on ch2.