Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Buck kill I captured on film >

Buck kill I captured on film

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Buck kill I captured on film

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Spike

Default Buck kill I captured on film

I shot this buck in MD. I was self-filming/hunting from the ground. I muffed the impact shot a little cause the buck was off frame but I was already hooked up on my string and drawing back - too late to move the camera! The video is on my page, www.tuckahoevideos.com
Direct link: http://www.tuckahoevideos.com/files/buck_kill.wmv

JIM
Old 10-07-2008, 07:47 AM

Default RE: Buck kill I captured on film

Nice work and great shot right in the pump station!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job, Even though he wasn't centered you still got the shot, that's all that counts. Congrats!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

The deer jumped the string and dropped right into the low shot,otherwise it would have been a clean miss; however, kudos to you for setting upon thegroundand working the camera like that, not easy to do at all. Good camera presence too, I'll look for you on future outdoor productions. Nice job!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Spike

Glad you guys liked it! I most certainly would have had a clean miss if he hadn't dropped like he did. I estimated the yardage at 25, but it was 36 from where I found the arrow, so I'm guessing he was standing about 30-33 yards away when I shot. I was really upset when I saw the shot wasn't centred but given the circumstances, I'm pretty happy now! I certainly wouldn't let that happen to any of the guys I'm filming for! Of course none of them are killing any deer so I had to go out and get my own!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, the smile at the end says it all! Congrats. Great job editing and even though the framing wasn't what you wanted it still turned out great for a self-filmed hunt. That is very difficult and you did a great job of it. You should be very proud.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was an awesome video and a great buck! I've been looking at cameras so I can do this exact same thing with my hunts. Just curious... what is your camera setup?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Nice!!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was a great story! As I clicked on the link I began to realize this guy knows what he's doing...after seeing the crisp footage and NO camera shake I settled in for the long haul. You did a great job. About MID WAY through the vid..."I'm thinking...Boy it would be nice to see this kill with a Lumanock....and there it was! You nailed everything on this video...Crisp footage, added Humor, and your voice over was awesome...YEAH..it would have been nice to see the bucks head at the kill shot...however.....Any hunter that runs a camera solo...and I do...can grow to appreciate what you did...Only a person with experience understands you were juggling a release, a tripod, camera lighting, a bow sight, a bow, when to draw, a whistle to stop it, maybe even a range finder in there?

Hands down...Great job all on your own...And great buck! Did I see a little kicker there on the right side?

Brian
Old 10-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome vid

Quick Reply: Buck kill I captured on film

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.