Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

two man ladder stand

Old 09-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default two man ladder stand

Hey guys any of you ever try to film out of a two man ladder stand?? We have a tree that is on the edge of a bean field and to say the least it is huge, and we would need 3 of thestraps per stick and stands to to hang there. So I was wondering if any of you guys ever tried filming from a two man ladder stand and how it worked?? Walt
Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 AM

Default RE: two man ladder stand

I've done it when hunting with my son when he was younger. It's not what I would call the perfect setup for filming. First off, I didn't have any kind of tree arm or camera mount that would work for the setup. If you mount to the stand in any way, shape or form you are going to have a heck of a time getting steady footage. Every movement in the stand ends up on the camera. Second, the rails around most of the two man stands tend to get in the way and just give you something else to bump into and make noise. I would much rather have the typical two stand setup with the shooter located 90° off to my left and below me or a ground blind to film out of than a two man ladder stand.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fulldraw, did you just not have a tree arm or would it not work?? We use nothing but tree arms and thats is pretty much my ? if there is away to make them work for the quility of footage?? Walt
Old 09-01-2008, 11:51 AM

I had an arm at the time but didn't use it. Unless you do away with all the rails an arm is useless in this situation. Even then, there is not enough room for two grown men and a tree arm in this setup. Try it, you'll see what I mean.You'll be better off and havebetter coverage of the hunting area in a two stand setup is what I think you'll find.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My problem fulldraw isn't that I dont want to to use our normal two stand set up but I would have to buy an extra 12 straps from lone wolf for just this one set!!! This tree is perfect for wind and location,a ground blind would not work as most of the bucks would be coming from behind and most likely wind us on the ground. Walt
Old 09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

put a single person ladder stand then put a hang on above it.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowman not a bad idea i didn't of that!!!! I like it!!Thanks Walt
Old 09-01-2008, 06:56 PM

I may be just missing something easy here, but what are you calling "straps"? Are you talking about screw in steps? We usually use the same steps or ladders to access both stands in our setups. Not sure I follow you on what the problem is. Just curious.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think he is saying the tree has such a large diameter that 1 strap wont go around it and LW are expensive and he would have to buy 3 of them to just go around the tree at one spot
Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Ahh, I see. That must be one hell of a big friggin tree! LOL

Quick Reply: two man ladder stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.