Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Noob @ Everything Video >

Noob @ Everything Video

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Noob @ Everything Video

Old 08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Noob @ Everything Video

I am looking into buying a digital video camera for numerous reasons and perhaps someone on here can steer me in the right direction...I'm thinking maybe a Mini-DV one, but as far as brands, quality, etc, I am clueless.

First and foremost I want something easy to put on a computer, and also easy to upload to the internet, for a site like this. I want to be able to share hunting/shooting videos online.

Second, I want to have good quality video so I can videotape my son's milestones. He is 6 months old and my wife and I are gonna need a camera for his 1st birthday party, when he walks, etc, etc.

I want to be able to take good video when I am bowhunting and good video of my boy.

Easy to transfer to a computer...and uploadable format for the internet.

Oh yeah, the cheaper the better. Student loans are destroying my wife and me right now. Having to pay for Junior doesn't help either. Am I too greedy? Lol.

Thanks for the help.
[/align]
Old 08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Noob @ Everything Video

check out sony's HC series. I would recomend sticking to mini dv format for the time being. I just don't think the technology is there yet for hard drives or DVd's. Plus the mini dv handi cams are really affordable. I've got an older hc21 and love it. It's been used and abused and between recording and playback, it has several hundred hours of use. I use it to rewind, ffwd, play and record. It gets used lot!! I think the series is up to about hc38 now..... They run around $350, you may be able to pick up a discontinued one at wally world for $250 or less.