Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Losing the enthusiaism to film:( >

Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

Old 07-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

well guys, i hate to say it. . but im starting to lose my push for filming hunts. I jus dont think i will ever get enough footage to make a dvd and i dont see me editing good enough to make a "some what" good dvd. it is so expensive and i dont have the proper gear, i have a good camera but nothing else(a good tripod, a good camera arm, a lanc remote) its jus too expensive for this 13 year olds budget...i know i probably shouldnt be saying this but im thinking about quiting filming altogether[]
Old 07-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

You are young have patients! You have plenty time to make a DVD just do not go at it wide open. Take time to enjoy the hunts, video stuff that is hunting related.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Is the only reason you got into it is because you thought you were going to makes DVDs to sell and make lots of money? Reality check. The reason you should film is because you love the thrill of the hunt weather you are the hunter or not. Filming is hard work. You can expect to have many more unsuccessful hunts compared to successful ones. I've got to ask, how long have you been filming? It takes a lot of luck and practice to lay down good footage. Some years will be good and some years won't. Like I said before, to be a successful at filming hunts, you need to be in a very unselfish place in your hunting career where you don't have to kill an animal just to kill. If you are truly passionate about filming, stick with it. It will have its ups and downs. Once you get some good footage, try and get on a prostaff somewhere. Start small. If you do, equipment and hunts will come your way in do time. At that point, invest the money you would normally spend on that stuff and buy your video equipment.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

urban, i would like to get on a pro staff where i wouldnt have to get as much footage as if i made dvds all by myself but who would take a 13 year old on as a pro staff member? thats one of the big reasonsfor me thinking about stopping, im the only one filming hunts and it would take years to get enough footage for me to make a dvd
Old 07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Steven,

Your only 13, relax and enjoy hunting. Spend time in the field right now with you camera catching pictures of deer in velvet and does with fawns. See if you can catch turkeys out and about. The whole DVD for you dosn't have to be the kill, thats only a small part. As far as equipment goes, only get what your budget can AFFORD. If you can get a camera, a iMac and a tripod your in business! Keep it simple, Michael Waddell goes into the field with 3 camera men, 1 producer and him. About $100k in production costs per episode. Man nobody on here has cash to burn like that. You are going to get some footage, then shop it to local shows (local cable access). But have fun with it.

Jake
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve,

No! Make it for you...and log your DVDs away for the memories.....don't worry about making money...All you need is an old High 8 or Mini DV to video....buy a 50 dollar Pinnacle studio package and you are on your way....

Send some stuff to me...I'll edit for you...

To Kill on video and edit...300 bucks....To make a living at it with top notch stuff...thats thousands....go with what you have...and learn...have fun....when you have money when you get older you will be a pro...
Old 07-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

alrite guys, thanks.......jus feeling a bit overwhelmed with some stuff that is needed to help get good video. Man i wish i wasnt the only one in my family that actually took the time to learn some tips and tricks about good video, i guess if need be, i can just film others hunts and not my own
Old 07-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve,
I am worn out from the last 5 years of learning and dragging cams around with me..

If you look at my DVD from the last 5 years they get better each year...its practice...do it for you and your memories...you will love watching them back....the rest will come...with your connections...be patient...if you love it like you do you will be good at it...
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok thanks a lot brian
Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you dream about watching your arrow in slow motion with your favorite tune playing...on your DVD player....and you watch it over and over...and your family thinks you're crazy...???? Thats when you know you're on the right track with VIDEO. Stick with it.

Goto Lunbusters site...He unreal..

Or mine again to get a feel for it..Pinnacle studio...I'm just the average Joe.. Click on Videos....www.huntingworkshop.com

Quick Reply: Losing the enthusiaism to film:(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.