Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Are we better than we think at VIDEO? >

Are we better than we think at VIDEO?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Are we better than we think at VIDEO?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are we better than we think at VIDEO?

Ok ...Stop and think to yourself.....or turn on the TV and watch closely at the hunting shows you are watching....look for camera shake...look for odd ball personalities or people that seem to be acting and they're not really pumped up like one really feels after the heat of the moment....

Guys/Girls....Do you feel the same way I feel? I'm not being cocky....I AM Jealous...don't get me wrong....

But sometime I think...If I had opportunities to hunt primo land....I could make better videos that what I see on TV....

Outside of the fancy transitions....I see alot of camera shake (which is ok at times) and some acting going on....after watching my older videos back.. I have been able to be more myself during the interviews...and all my footage after the kill is real heart pounding, body shaking action....

Sometimes I wish I would have got a degree in broadcasting rather than engineering...I wonder if that would have given me the edge....but I'll keep pushing forward.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:19 PM

Default RE: Are we better than we think at VIDEO?

yeah i see what you mean....on Drury Out doors they have a vidoe out called pros vs ams and you can go into like extra or what ever and they showed some of the other ams vids that dident make theit....and you could tellhalf of them were B.S. actingon thereinter views and afterthe shot such as the drenalin rush and the emosionswhen finding the deer....its almost like they found the deer to make surethey found it...and then they went back and made a scene

Old 06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to bad mouth the talent out there....because its good in most places...just giving my opinion on what I see sometimes...Thanks for the reply...I agree!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i see it sometimes on TV, if some of us here had that kind of money and sponsors i believe after a few trial and errors, the show we made would be as good as some on tv.....although on some shows, they have outstanding editing