Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Picking Up Sponsors... >

Picking Up Sponsors...

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Picking Up Sponsors...

Old 06-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Picking Up Sponsors...

i know some of the guys on here can help me with this one

i want to know how to pick up sponsors, that arent like local shops or products.
thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picking Up Sponsors...

i would say email them telling them what you are doing, how your dvd's will be different then others and how you would announce their sponsorship on the dvd
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Sponsorship is not an easy task as everyone out there with a camera planning some day to shoot a DVD is trying to get sponsors. A great business plan, hearty goals, and a lot of hard work and phone calls will get you a foot in the door...
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pixeldoctor

Sponsorship is not an easy task as everyone out there with a camera planning some day to shoot a DVD is trying to get sponsors. A great business plan, hearty goals, and a lot of hard work and phone calls will get you a foot in the door...
I agree!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:40 PM

Good luck picking up sponsors out of thin air from the get go! The sponsors you really need to target right away in the beginning IS the local shops, etc. You are more likely to pick up sponsorship money there as you are more of an unproven commodity to the larger companies, etc. Then from there, or even if you don't have any sponsors yet... You need to develop your product!! Get out and learn your trade and how to lay down good footage, then you must be able to edit this footage to a sellable product! Then from there put together some good promos and marketing promos completely edited. Also like Lungbuster stated... Put together a business plan and mission statement for what you are going to do. Develop some credibility of working with sponsors and meeting obligations, etc. with your local sponsors and keep them as references. Then put together some media kits of your promos, marketing promo video, projected sales and distribution venues, sponsor references, etc. And if you have already put together a complete video before, etc. you might look at sending them a copy to review. It isn't going to happen by just wishing it to happen, it is going to involve alot of work, planning, and initial investment!! Also you should have a good website up and running as an avenue to promote your sponsors, also it would be good if you already had an established reputation and involvement in the hunting community like working shows, conducting instructional seminars, participating in youth events, etc. You really have to sell yourself as a valuable commodity to these sponsors! And don't think you are going to go out and get Realtree or any of the other big names as sponsors, you need to develop some of the newer less known and more anxious sponsors that are looking to grow and expand! Those big name companies don't need you, they already have plenty of exposure so don't waste your time with those till you hit a large audience like national TV or regional TV, just your local video market is not sizeable enough. Also don't just be looking for money, look for creative ideas for sponsors like product only, wholesale pricing, etc. And lastly be willing to work hard for your sponsors at local shows, etc. to keep and maintain a good relationship with your sponsors. That's about all that I can say on that! [8D]
Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Good advice!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Fork Horn

Hey hoosier has thought about this a while or has been there done that. Great post hoosier. One other piece of advice I can offer; don't get stuck in a rut with sponsor search for just hunting equipment. Go outside the industry. Most hunters are "Gitt er dunn" kind of guys. That means do-it-yourself types. Go to your local car shops lumber yards junk yards and any thing you may do when you are not hunting.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 AM

I should have mentioned that Turkeyward, excellant advice. Creativity will get you alot of different ideas and avenues for sponsors. I actually just got done editing down a spot for our video for one of our sponsors, so now's a good time to share it. [8D]

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/hoosierhunter2/?action=view&current=08OPEcommercial.flv