Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Is this true?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is this true?

Iam just getting into videoing, I am on the verge of buying a good used Canon GL1, but just heard that the entire hunting industry is going to HD. Anybody else hear this?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this true?

http://www.huntingfootage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2221 read it and it will answer your question
Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

http://www.huntingfootage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2221 read it and it will answer your question
Thanks Steve,
Well I guess, I am at a cross road, because unless they make a "cheap" quality HD cam, I can't play in that game. LOL
Old 05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Thanks Steve,
Well I guess, I am at a cross road, because unless they make a "cheap" quality HD cam, I can't play in that game. LOL
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have to ask yourself what you are filming for. Will it be a web-based TV show, an on-air TV show, DVD, personal use? Do you plan on selling your footage? These are the things you should ask yourself when looking at a camera. Since you have mentioned that you are looking to be cost effective I doubt you'll be doing much with your footage that would require HD. The only people that need to worry about HD are those that are producing TV shows on channels that support HD and want to have HD quality shows. That market is very immature right now and only the big players are there. Guys like us still have a few years with our SD cameras before we have to worry about HD. So, get yourself a camera and get out there and get some footage.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Thanks Steve,
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have to ask yourself what you are filming for. Will it be a web-based TV show, an on-air TV show, DVD, personal use? Do you plan on selling your footage? These are the things you should ask yourself when looking at a camera. Since you have mentioned that you are looking to be cost effective I doubt you'll be doing much with your footage that would require HD. The only people that need to worry about HD are those that are producing TV shows on channels that support HD and want to have HD quality shows. That market is very immature right now and only the big players are there. Guys like us still have a few years with our SD cameras before we have to worry about HD. So, get yourself a camera and get out there and get some footage.
This is true, never thought about that, I guess if I am fortunate to capture some amazing footage, I'd like to be able to "share" it, I guess my fellow HuningNet guys would maybe be interested
Old 05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Spike

I was just at the same place you are. I couldn't decide whatto buy, but wanted to get into the business of filming hunts for cash and also doing weddings here and there. For me, HD was the way to go becuase I plan on having this camera for 5+ years before upgrading again. For sharing with friends and posting on the web, a good quality SD camera is all you need.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Hd is the future, but Sd will be around for a number of years yet, and Sd is NOT just for home video sharing with your freinds and posting on the web
Buy the best camera you can afford and learn how to use it, the best Hd camera in the world will not produce better footage than the guy/gal running it.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:42 AM

Many folks have use the GL for filming of outdoors/hunting/fishing and the quality is good. I would suggest that you don't worry about HD right now and just get into filming learn how to use the camera and techniques then when your skills are up to par and you have outgrown your current setup move over to HD. My TWO cents.

Good Luck.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Listen to lungbuster he said it best!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Listen to lungbuster he said it best!!!!!!
X2

Quick Reply: Is this true?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.