Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

?'s about Pinnacle

Old 02-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ?'s about Pinnacle

What are your thoughts on Pinnacle studio 11 in HD. . . . is itgood enough to create a good video or episode or do i need too buy better software???
Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?'s about Pinnacle

I make proffessional hunting videos and run my side business wedding business using Pinnacle Studio 9, 10 & 11. I have used it for 5 years..If you have any questions email me and let me know...Pinnacle will do all that the others will do if you're looking at hunting or any other business...theremay besome glitches and you may want to download a few pathes but you'll be fine...

Brian
Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright thanks brian
Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem Steve,

Have fun...I just posted this info if you're interested in my setup---I spent alot of time and money to come up with these opinions..but they work great for me... Have fun

----------------------------------------

I wanted to drop a quick note for you obsessive video guys that have the same bug in your system that I do....I have been making rock solid professional video for hunting with the following set-up..You can sway a bit frommy opinions...but I will specify the important points...and what I have learned:

Camera:
I use a panasonic AG-DVC30 - 3CCD cams are a must if you want perfection in low light. A+ Quality

Wireless Mics - You need a cam that holds wireless mics if you want to hang like the big boys...
I use Azden Mics from B&H ----http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Editting Software - Some of you may laugh..but my "Pinnacle Studio 11 " makes some awesome video.
I also use it in my side business for wedding video ...Cherished Memories Videography, LLC

Tree-pods - If I do not have a camera man "almost never for me" I use the gorilla camera arm for hunting.
http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIA_en___US231&q=gorilla+camera+ arm&um=1

This info just may be worth its weight in gold if you're looking to get started...helpful hint..if you're really going to get serious don't go cheap on a cam...search ebay..and get a cam...plan on spending 600+ for supreme footage...remember...we usually kill in lower light conditions....you're not filming your baby girl in the living room at home with a 200 dollar cam from wal-mart...although this style will get you on board..after a year in the woods you will be looking for an upgrade...

Lumanocks - I almost forgot...Lighted nocks will add something special to your vids...I will not pass another arrow through on cam without them...its not worth it for me...If you're looking to create a video to satify yourself and family and friends..make it on TV...whatever....light that arrow up and show your viewers an up close and personal picture....of your arrow....passing through the lungs!

Have fun! Email with questions

Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 PM

Steven,

I use Pinnacle 11 with some issues, but they are resolved with patches. I like I have been using for some years now. I have seen it get better with avid bought it and look for it to just keep getting better and more professional for a pro-consumer grade edit.

I am sure you already know this, one of the things that makes life easier is having a good video editing system. When building your computer for editing - get the best when possible.