Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 hunting video industry >

hunting video industry

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

hunting video industry

Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Default hunting video industry

let me start by saying I am completely obsessed with whitetail hunting. What I would like to know is, isthere any money and room in the whitetailhunting dvd industry. I have some professional equiptment and a few bucks and would like to give it atry. I hunt ks, iowa,wi,ontario ca, with abuddy of mine and believe we could put together some successful hunts every year. I have toyed with the camera and captured some good video. Iwould like to get about twentywhitetail hunts on video and put something together. I am looking for advice on anything you can expand on. I know it is a tough market and it takes a break and lots of hard work but I am not easily deterred. I am also looking fora team(teams) who would like to partner up and film hunts in the midwest and do this with me.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting video industry

email sent
Old 01-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Jamie! Teaming up with the right individuals is probably the most important step. Make sure you do a lot of research and choose wisely!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:33 PM

good luck! i'm thinking it would take a lot of time and money to even get a video filmed, edited, pressed and distributed. even if you film and edit it ourself, you need to find someone to press it and print the packaging, and they will want a minimum quantity of at least 1000. then who's going to distribute it? who's going to shop it around to all the hunting stores? and since you will most likely be doing this for profit, you'll need to register your 'business' with your secretary of state.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kshunter

Good Luck Jamie! Teaming up with the right individuals is probably the most important step. Make sure you do a lot of research and choose wisely!
Joey is right on the money with that comment....

All I would add is that it takes a lot of money and time before you get rewards making your own DVD's.... I would rethink your stratagie and try filming your hunts for someone else's already established TV show or DVD's... Everybody is looking for and paying for footage. You don't make a lot, but you get a foot in the door and you can still use the footage you sold or shared in a DVD at a later time. Generally the show that use's your footage just gets 1st right of use.. I started filming for Whitetail addictions and at the same time started my own DVD making buisness. There is no way I would of been able to afford a fraction of the editing and replication costs without having teamed up with someone who is a proffesional video editor and without a top notch website.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Email me and let me know. I make sweet videos but nothing on the market....Willing to fill you in on my experience and what I've learned....
Old 02-01-2008, 08:21 AM

Hi how are you? I my self am wanting to make and market huntingvideos my wife and I now are doing videos for bull riding and we have good luck selling them I live in missouri and have a few guy's that we hunt and shoot videos have a lot of land over here to pick from and would like to work with you please let me know if we can do somthing together.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 AM

My last reply was for jjdohm thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 PM

hey monster b, I would like to discuss some ideas with you. As i said this idea of mine is in its infancy. What I do have is professional equipment and a lot of hunts lined up for fall 2008. Sounds like you have done some vidoeing already, do you have professional equipment? How many successful hunts do you think you could film (guess)? Have you worked with editing programs? Have you put anything on a DVD? look forward to hearing from you again!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I am wondering what kind of numbers are reasonable for sales on a DVD? I would be doing most of the sales to stores, online, sportsman shoes etc. If it is a quality hunting video how many can I sell In a year, I know this is tuff to guess, does anybody have any experience or examples. Could someone sell 5,000 videos in a year at $15 each. any comments welcome.

Quick Reply: hunting video industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.