Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 please help asap sony handicam >

please help asap sony handicam

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

please help asap sony handicam

Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default please help asap sony handicam

ok so i know i want to go with sony and everyone says the handy cam is the way to go but... there are a dozen or more different ones!! which one do i want for filming hunts. i want to be able to eddit also. please keep in mind i know nothing about them. this is just going to be a starter camra to see if i like doing it. my budget cant exceed 600. please any opinions welcome. i need advice before friday.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: please help asap sony handicam

I use the Panasonic PV-GS83. I takes pleny good enough video for me. In fact, a friend and I are making a DVD with it. He has a little higher quality vesion of my camera. I am not sure what the model of that one is, byt both of the cams work fine for us. I bought my camera off of ebay for $180. You might check it out.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 PM

If you want to be able to edit with it, make sure your camera has a firewire (IEEE 1394) or USB port. Firewire is faster, but make sure your computer has that connection too. Any handycam will do to film a hunt. Obviously, you get what you pay for so the more money you are willing to spend, the higher the image quality. Do a quick search for Sony camera reviews online. There are a bunch of them. See which ones will give you what you are looking for (best low-light shooting capability, steady-shot, night-shot, zoom, etc.) Then buy thatone on ebay. They are much cheaper in used condition and generally do the same job.

I just bought a small Sony handycam on ebay for $150. At that price they are practically disposable. Iattached it to a shotgun and filmed a duck hunt with it. Got some awesome footage. You can check out the video on my website. Hope this info helps.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get the sony handi cam for about $300 and make just make sure it's the mini DV camera.Walt
Old 12-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

guys. tell me what you think about this one please!!! sony DCR-HC48