Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Looking For A New Double

Old 10-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

You can always use a pump slug gun til you find a Side by Side that you really like.

I have used my drilling since the 60's up North for grouse since we can carry the rifle barrel there too.

Here in CT I found a couple of well made doubles that are also easy to carry and shoot.

I have used the V. Bernadelli Gamecock for many years. It's light at 5#13oz. with double triggers and a tang safety.

Now I also have a like new Ugartechea #221 with double triggers and the preferred tang safety with 24 1/2" barrels and double triggers at 5# 9oz.

Both are effective, handsome guns with the #221 to the right.

I found these doubles for good prices by looking around on line and in shops.

Last edited by Savage_99; 10-01-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

If you can lay hands on an Ithica/SKB side by side I think you will find it to be a great shotgun. this holds only for the sxs, not the o/u as it is overly heavy.
the barrels are chrome and the exterior finish is a black hard chrome.
I had the 12 gauge for quite a few years before selling it and of course, now wish I had kept it.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:59 AM
Spike

I came across a used SKB Model 500 20 ga o/u awhile back and it fit me like a glove. I do believe I walked away from the gun shop several different times, however - couldn't shake it from my thoughts so I gave in and now have my "double".