Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Who's an upland hunter here? >

Who's an upland hunter here?

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Who's an upland hunter here?

Old 10-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Spike

Not many pheasants left here in Colorado but headed for my yearly road trip to South Dakota. Reports are that the population is up 40+%. My chocolate lab has been giving me the eye and knows what's coming. He was not happy when I went off elk hunting and left him at home. Can't wait... ROOSTER!!!!!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:25 AM
Spike

New to this forum,so, hello all. Back to upland bird chasing after yeeears of deer and elk hunting. Mountains seem to be getting steeper! I'll be going after dove, quail and chukar here in So-Cal deserts and valleys. Love totin' my 20ga Wingmaster.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Spike

Default Bird hunter

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have 3 big game rifles, and 7 shotguns, 6 of them dbl guns, 5 sxs. I would rather hunt birds over a dog than anything else. My old partner Whisky and the best dog that ever owned me, that I lost in June and my new partner in training Brandy.

I live in southern Virginia, am 66 years old and my daddy gave made the nickname Blasting Bill when I was younger and we bird hunted together. Our quail population is up over previous years and I am planning a hurt to OK in December. Loved the dog pictures. I have a 12 year old, a 3 year old setter and a 9 year old Britany. I hunt everything but quail is what rocks my boat.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 AM
Spike

I am 77 going on 78 and have been bird hunting since hunting quail in Kentucky - have lived in Colorado the past 50+ years and have seen the bird population decrease. Use to hunt Sage Grouse around the Gunnison area and now they are an endangered bird. Not sure the reason for the loss. Lost my old lab a couple of years ago and now training a new yellow. Have a great year
Old 05-26-2017, 05:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Blasting Bill, one of the est hunts I ever had was a 3 day plantation quail hunt in GA at Pinn Hill Plantation. I went horseback the first day and mue drawn wagon the next two days. Like going back into time.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default SD

Originally Posted by KansasKid12
Things are looking great on our ground in Central SD. Lots of grass and recent reports say it was a great hatch.
MTHUSKER, I sent you a pm to see if you had interest in swapping some hunts this fall. Let me know if you have interest.

Zach
Where would be a good place in S D for someone that has never been there for pheasant and other upland birds?Tks
Old 10-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt upland birds more than anything. Wild chukar, Huns and Valley Quail with my English Setters.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:50 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Me
If it flies we hunt it. Doesn't matter if woods, swamp, field, stream ,marsh or lake.
Three Dog night now.
All DDs.

And this four month old pup. Boy somebody kick me I'm too old to keep up.

JW

Forgot to add Hare and blood track deer too. Shed hunting next.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Spike

We got after the woodcock big time this fall. Grouse numbers seemed to be way down though!
Old 12-08-2017, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have been doing some Snipe hunting the last couple of years.( not sure if that is upland bird hunting)
It is like a quail on steriods. Great exercise also, it will where you out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.