Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Who's an upland hunter here? >

Who's an upland hunter here?

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Who's an upland hunter here?

Old 11-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Spike

Drove from Colorado to SD a couple of weekends ago for our yearly pheasant road trip. Not as great as past years but 14 hunters, 3 chocolate labs, 1 springer and 1 Germain shorthair got 70 roosters in 2 1/2 days of hard hunting. Our area (White Lake) was hit pretty hard with hail and the cover was way down. Unfortunately not much good pheasant hunting in Colorado. May need to make a trip to Kansas.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Spike

I hunt grouse in southwest Virginia. Can't say that we have a huge population of them. Seems like this year tho seeing a few more than normal. Had a good acorn crop.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:35 AM
Spike

I am in upland hunter of novice stature. I live and hunt in RI, so there isn't the great opportunities afforded out west, but I still get out. No dog, so I hunt on my own. I used to hunt a bunch when younger, but got distracted these past 15 years or so. Just being out in the woods on public land is still fun for me.

Thanks for all your posts. This is a great website.

- ATG
Old 12-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Count me in as an avid upland hunter. I have a 4 yr old Brittany and we hunt alot of pheasant, woodcock and grouse. Favorite guns are my pair of matching Browning Citori Feather Lightnings ( 16 & 20g ). I will always hunt big game but since I bought a bird dog I find Upland is what I prefer to do.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default Late to the party, but....

upland hunting is my passion. KansasKid or fredmb, if you see this and want to get together sometime, please PM me.

Karam, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:40 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I am - 2 GWPs too!

I love chasing grouse and woodcock more than anything. I also do a quail pheasant out of state. Shot my 1st pointed Sharptail and Prairie chicken in 2012 Ft Peirre Grasslands SD.

I had judged pointing dogs for an organization more than 25 yrs.

Good dog work is a beauty in itself!

JW
Old 07-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I would rather hunt birds over a dog than anything else." Oldtimer

"Good dog work is a beauty in itself!" JW

+2

Brings me back to being a kid again !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-23-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Spike

Hi, I'm Matteo from Italy, and this is my Italian Bracco.
Attached Thumbnails Who's an upland hunter here?-brusco-e-la-beccaccia.jpg   Who's an upland hunter here?-dscf1667b.jpg  
Old 07-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Great too see....cool to view people from all over the world are "Birdy"!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Hatches have been starting to show up here in NE Montana the last few weeks, seen lots of huns and a few pheasant chicks, be in what I consider bird hunting capital of the U.S.A. this weekend, so will have a better idea of what is going on...been a average year weather wise, just praying we avoid the big hail storms, both for my friends farming and for the birds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.