Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Grouse hunting with Crossbow? >

Grouse hunting with Crossbow?

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.
View Poll Results: Can i hunt grouse with my Crossbow?
Yes (Use broadheads)
33.33%
Yes (Use field tips or small game tip)
16.67%
No
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Grouse hunting with Crossbow?

Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Spike

Post Grouse hunting with Crossbow?

Hi,
I live in B.C Canada, and we got a few grouse around here and i was wondering if i could hunt them with a crossbow? like i've seen forums and videos about people doing that but usually they have like a 75 pound bow with little 10 inch arrows, i have a excalibur ibex which is 175 pounds and uses 20 inch arrows, so I'm assuming that it would turn a grouse into ground meat? or would this work? also what type of tip would i use?
Thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

There is a tip for birds I want to say its a Snare-O. That I would recommend I used to use it for my compound for shooting Grouse when I was in Minnesota had a tract of land I hunted that had tons of grouse on it but was only allowed to archery hunt it. Got a few that way but its hard.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Ya you could kill one alright but unless you hit it in the head their is gonna be no meat left. You will blow it apart.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you go out trying to kill anything with an unconventional method.
I would suggest first contacting your local game warden, or getting a copy of your Provinces Game laws.
This would probably put to rest fairly clearly any questions you have about the use of cross bows for taking small game or any other animals for that matter.