Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Black pheasant?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Black pheasant?

I was driving to work yesterday at about 6:30am on a country highway, and I noticed this big black bird standing on the edge of the road. I figured it was just a crow, but I thought to myself "Man, that is a fat, weird looking crow". I slowed down to get a better look as I drove past it, and it was a pheasant! It still had a green and red head so I know I'm not crazy, it was definitely a pheasant. I stopped and he took off back into the tall grass. I'm going to take that road to work every day now and see if he's ever out again. I've never seen anything like this, what do you think?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

they're all over the hunting clubs....black, white, etc...they exist, not so much in the wild I don't believe though, but probably came from a hunting club nearby...
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Fork Horn

European(sp) pheasant
Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Spike

Seen many of these at hunting clubs, never wild though. But I guess I do hunt in WI