Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Pheasant/Duck hunt

Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Spike

Default Pheasant/Duck hunt

Hello,

I'm looking for a (wild) Pheasant/Duck hunt in OK, or KS with reasonable prices for about 4 to 6 hunters.

Does anyone know of a place like this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

There are no wild pheasants in southeast Kansas or northeast Oklahoma. Duck numbers are fairly good.

There are probably some guides around the Great Bend (Cheyenne Bottoms) area that can put you on both birds pretty easily. Cheyenne Bottoms is pretty awesome, and you can hunt it without a guide no problem.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Pheasants in Ok. are pretty much west of I 35, with the exception of land around Lake Kaw. Most of the land west of 35 and only the first two northern counties to the panhandle are open. And 99 % of that land is privately owned. However, if you can find a farmer that lets you hunt, it can be pretty good. Lots of ducks migrate thru, but its a hit and miss proposition. Good agriculture, again west of 35 and Kaw always holds a goodly portion of waterfowl. There are guides, but I would suggest you get referrals to them. Kansas is a much better bet.