Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

South Dakota Pheasants

Old 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM

Default South Dakota Pheasants

For those of you that may be interested the winter here is South Dakota has been fairly mild. This means that with any kind of a pheasant hatch it will be another Amazing year of pheasant hunting in South Dakota. I hope some of you have or will have the opportunity to take advantage of the best pheasant hunting anywhere.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: South Dakota Pheasants

Thats good to hear, I am excited about next year already. we did have a dissappointing year in SD though. To many crops still in the field.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Yea the crops were in the field a lot later this year but if the land you are hunting is set up right that doesn't matter much. We had the best year we have had in years. I have never seen the number of birds that I saw this past year. Looks good for this up coming year also.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the report! I was wondering about the phesants in SD. I live in southwestern Mn. I haven't seen as many birds lately, but they should be doing okay here also. We've had more snow this year and it was pretty cold, but I think the birds were still able to find food. In fact, most of the snow was gone up until yesterday. We've got a couple of inches on the ground now, but that will probably be gone by early this week.

I've traveled to wonderfulClark county SD to hunt phesants the last two years. The crops have been an issue both seasons, but the hunting was still awesome. We have pretty good hunting here in southwestern MN, but a bad day in SD is equal to agreat day in MN. Thanks again for the report and please keep us posted. It's also good to see a little activity on this forum.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 PM

We just got almost a foot of snow thur-fri near Aberdeen. The good thing is that it is suppose to warm up this week so sounds like it won't be here for long.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

How many birds get turned loose in SD every year?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

So WEED is that an invite.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Betterbirddog im not exactly sure how many birds are released. I believe that on game farms they have to release 1.5 birds for everyone they harvest. We only hunt wild birds so not exactly sure on all the regs.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Heh, any of you guys on your thread heard about the wind meter that the deer hunter downloaded on his I phone? Crazy !
They say it actually works. I think he paid 3 bucks for it.
Rob
Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rodiller

Heh, any of you guys on your thread heard about the wind meter that the deer hunter downloaded on his I phone? Crazy !
They say it actually works. I think he paid 3 bucks for it.
Rob
And how is this related to pheasant hunting in SD?

Quick Reply: South Dakota Pheasants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.