Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Pheasents

Old 08-20-2006, 09:14 AM

Default Pheasents

Pheasents are starting to become lots more noticeable now then they ever used to be. A few years ago seeing a pheasent in a field around whereI grew up was like seeing a cougar in someones backyard (VERY rare around here.) But now, I can see at least2 in the field every time I go outside. And it wasn't that long of a time either. Only 1/2 year!!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:17 AM

Default RE: Pheasents

It sounds like you need to thank somebody in your area for creating some good habitat. The added bonus to this is that other game will benefit from the habitat too. If you don't want to see those pesky flyers around your place, just drop me a line and I'll be happy to rid you of your problem.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:33 PM

Default RE: Pheasents

For the past quite a few years the pheasant population has been dwindling in my area. Everything I read and heard pointed toward the decrease in habitat. Basically the farmers are cleaning up around their places and there isn't the habitat there once was.

Well, last year there were huge numbers of pheasant and this year looks very promising. I think I read somewhere that it was the same across the states. Personally, I just think these things go in cycles. I am ready for another great year.