Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Back from PA

Old 05-24-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Back from PA

Well guys I am back from PA I didn't score but NC Hunter did. We had a great time. My only regret is having to come home. I must say that this was the best trip I have ever been on it was a life changing experience in some ways I learn to slow down and let things handle themselves. I hope to make many more trips to PA. I think we all learned somethings about each other this weekend. BTW if you think a woman is hard to argue with never argue with Pat you'll never win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NC and Pat I had a great time this weekend guys look forward to doing it again.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back from PA

What did you like so much about PA? It's a pretty state and I appreciate living here but I wanted to know what appeals to out of state guys about our state.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:58 AM

What did you like so much about PA?
It's not the state bud. It's the people; PA feels more like home than home does. I went up to guide a hunt for one of Pat's clients ; and decided I like PA a lot more than NC. Things have changed here for the worst the people have changed,jobs leaving,and it feels like it is time to move on.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with YB,great trip for my first out of state hunt,the area where we hunted and traveled through were beautiful. I'm not quite ready to move yet but PA would be on my short list if I were. Now about the hunt,it's nice when you look over tomorrows hunt area after a ten hr. drive to see deer calmly standing in the field and get the feeling if I were a turkey this is the place I'd be. The birds were silent,but we knew they should to be there.Next morning, Pat on my right was doing his usual great job of trying to work the birds and I almost blew it,while on my knees trying to get a pic of YB snoring on my left,I was about to snap the shot when he opened his eyes so I casually turned the camera toward the field and took a pic without looking. Pat said don't move birds in the field.with him as my eyes I hit the deck and got in positon when they looked away. I only saw the last hen as the two hens and redhead dropped in a dip in the field. When I next saw that colorfull head it was only about 14yds away after a few more steps I had the shot and took it,one PA bird down. 3-3 1/2 in brd,1/2 -3/4 spurs,wt.?? (trophy to me,didn't score in NC) After zooming in the digital pic the birds were in it (grainy but there) so I had shot him twice. YB, Pat and Paul, I had a great time hope we can do it again THANKS. Rocky
Old 05-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea my brother moved to Pa. He loves up there. As soon as my son gets out of school I'll be putting my house in Md up for sale and moving up there my self. Cant wait to become a Pa resident so I dont have to by a non resident license anymore...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Yep that sums it up NC. It was pretty funny to watch how big NC's eyes got when I said birds. The birds were silent only thing I heard was three clucks. I had a GREAT time and those two are welcome to the camp fire anytime. JacksonQ was great in letting us hunt one of his farms. We got there late thursday night but he went out of his way to make sure we knew where to hunt. He had told us that he had heard a bird there earlier in the week. Everything did look like it was birdy so to say. I'm just glad that I was able to work him in. I'm glad you guys had a great time looking forward to the next one. Pat
Old 05-25-2004, 07:13 AM

looking forward to the next one. Pat
You opened your mouth too soon bro trying to talk the wife into a weekender I wish it were that soon but unfortunately it's not. I assure you I will be back and I hope you will plan on another hunt in NC next yr. As for jackson I agree with Pat he went above and beyond what most people would do. Grerat weekend but NC Hunter won't be letting me drive again
Old 05-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you guys had a great time.Pat musta taken it easy on ya.usually when someone from flat country hunts here all they do is complain about up one mountain down another then up another lol.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

jalvja,he took it very easy on us,but this fatman from flatland discovered he's very much out of shape w/some issues that need to be looked into after a 5-600yd uphill(not too steep)I was about done when we setup (if it's only conditioning ?? that won't happen again)I'll be ready next time
Old 05-26-2004, 07:23 AM

but this fatman from flatland
You forgot to mention SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't bad as far as the hills. You just been eating too many twinkies and drinking too many sundrops.

Quick Reply: Back from PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.