Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
A new member of the US Slam club - 49 birds from 49 states >

A new member of the US Slam club - 49 birds from 49 states

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

A new member of the US Slam club - 49 birds from 49 states

Old 05-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A new member of the US Slam club - 49 birds from 49 states

I just got word, that a friend of mine, Chad, busted a turkey in his 49th different state. He's from Arkansas, and I'm sure a lot of guys on the board may know him.

We met this spring up on Mauna Kea, while he was trying to get is 37th state checked off. Last year, I met David Ellis, who left Hawaii as his last state to hunt for his US Slam.

Chad's in some rare air for now. I figure there's a bunch of other guys out there working on their US Slams as well. Congrats to Chad on achieving an impressive goal.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

That would be quite the adventure. I've mentioned previously on this board that I think it would be fun to try to hunt deer in all the states. Same for turkey. Congrats to chad! I've got Ohio and PA down... Only 47 to go to catch up!
-Jake
Old 05-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome, that's quite an accomplishment!!
Old 05-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just gotta have a nice cash flow.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

wow...now that is quite an accomplishment! Congrats to him...
Old 05-22-2017, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to him because he's either single or has one really awesome wife and family!

It's all about cash flow and more importantly - time...

I always tell people the biggest oxymorons in life are the phrases 'extra' cash or 'extra' time, because neither exists...

Turkey hunting in 49 states is a serious time commitment, and although it sounds cool I can't see it until I'm in my 60's, when I can justify the money and actually have the time. I personally struggle now with balancing a single spring season with the time constraints of a family, home and career. I don't know about everyone else, but my kids are honors students and involved with 6 sports - I've barely got time to wipe some days, let alone time to hunt 5-6 states each spring.

I wonder if he's now aiming for a bird from the Canadian provinces and Mexico...